X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SRV ALL THE WAY

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Jimmy did say Billy Gibbons was in a league all his own when he was only 17 years old so there is that. At 70 something he can still rip it better than anyone I know of today.

Comment

Saint Stevie

Comment

Originally posted by buzzbait View Post
          Eddie hands down

Comment

Deadly Serious Question Fellas....

Originally posted by jerp View Post
            Hard to compare in my opinion. Both were incredible but without Jimi there would probably be no SRV

I’m no guitar guy, but I always hate this argument.

Who was it that prefaced Jimi? And who prefaced them? There’s always a first to do something, doesn’t mean the next guy wouldn’t have done it, or didn’t do it better.

This is what wears me out about the Beatles. People are so romantic about that stuff, but there are better out there. I get it, but their music doesn’t compare to what came after. They were the first…not the best. Most over rated band ever.

Some would say the same about Elvis…

I’m a country music guy, for the most part. I’ll agree that Hank Sr paved the way, but far better came after him. Was it because of him? Maybe. Maybe not. Someone was going to do it, and many did it better. Merle, George Jones, Waylon, Earnest Tubb, Bob Wills, etc..

I’m certainly not picking on you, John Parker, just a good conversational topic.

Comment

Not to change the subject, but, check out joe bonamosa. He ain’t Stevie Ray, but the guy is real close.

Comment

Jimi

Comment

Originally posted by AndyMane View Post
                  Out of the two you asked about Jimi Hendrix. Rory Gallagher has to be considered when talking about the best ever.

Hendrix says so himself in this interview.
                  https://1037theloon.com/rory-gallagh...est-guitarist/
                  But when Hendrix died, SRV what is a 15-year-old high school student in Dallas

It does not Hendrix right or wrong but he can hardly be used as a source of comparison.

We could have just as well ask Buddy Holly who was the greatest guitarist ever in 1958….

Comment

Stevie.

TVC, Stevie and Double Trouble played my oldest sisters senior prom in Dallas. They were just a local garage band.

I'll throw my list out just because.

EVH
                    SRV
                    JH
                    CS
                    EC

Comment

SRV, but only barely.

Comment

Originally posted by jerp View Post
                        That’s the way it goes around here isn’t it. No matter the topic, if someone asks for votes between two choices A or B, 2/3rds of the votes will be for C, D or F.
                        Sometimes A or B just isn't the answer to the question that was asked!
                        I dont have an opinion on the OP's ? tho. Both were really good.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Jimmie imo, more natural talent.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                            I’m no guitar guy, but I always hate this argument.

Who was it that prefaced Jimi? And who prefaced them? There’s always a first to do something, doesn’t mean the next guy wouldn’t have done it, or didn’t do it better.

This is what wears me out about the Beatles. People are so romantic about that stuff, but there are better out there. I get it, but their music doesn’t compare to what came after. They were the first…not the best. Most over rated band ever.

Some would say the same about Elvis…

I’m a country music guy, for the most part. I’ll agree that Hank Sr paved the way, but far better came after him. Was it because of him? Maybe. Maybe not. Someone was going to do it, and many did it better. Merle, George Jones, Waylon, Earnest Tubb, Bob Wills, etc..

I’m certainly not picking on you, John Parker, just a good conversational topic.

Robert Johnson

Supposedly sold his soul to the devil at the crossroads to play the gee-tar

Comment

Stevie Ray. No question.

Comment

There have been a lot of excellent guitarists over the years and any number of them could be ranked #1, but in this conversation I'd go with Jimi.

Comment

Working...
                                X