Winchester model 23 sxs info

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Winchester model 23 sxs info

I recently came across a Winchester model 23 xtr pigeon grade in 20ga. I know nothing about this specific shotgun and I’m seeing mixed values of similar condition shotguns online. I would say the condition of the shotgun I’m looking at is in good condition with only a few minor dings in the stock. The person selling it is asking $2000 and am wondering if this seems high?

I’ve always wanted a sxs double barrel and seriously considering buying this one. Any help or knowledge about this specific shotgun would be appreciated and thanks in advance.

Quick google search says that's not too high

Comment

Originally posted by 03GruntUSMC View Post
      I recently came across a Winchester model 23 xtr pigeon grade in 20ga. I know nothing about this specific shotgun and I’m seeing mixed values of similar condition shotguns online. I would say the condition of the shotgun I’m looking at is in good condition with only a few minor dings in the stock. The person selling it is asking $2000 and am wondering if this seems high?

I’ve always wanted a sxs double barrel and seriously considering buying this one. Any help or knowledge about this specific shotgun would be appreciated and thanks in advance.
      That is a mighty fine gun. Straight english stock? Made in miroku japan and is very fine craftsmanship. My dad has this model and is the gun I grew up shooting. It points incredibly well and is balanced. Very lightweight so you can carry easily all day if you are walking a lot. You wont find for less than 2k these days and that's even if you can find one for sale. A lot of people recommend an o/u vs a sxs complaining about a difficult sighting plane on sxs. You will love it. Another plus is many were built with 25 1/2" barrels. Great for upland hunting in thick stuff. My dads doesn't have the winchoke system; fixed mod and imp cyl. Perfect combination. Some do have winchoke system. If you dont buy it please pm for details on gun. Thanks
      Last edited by .243 WSSM; 07-01-2021, 09:46 AM.

Comment

It seems ok to me, in fact, seems like a bargain. I am not really up on W23's but that seems like a pretty fair price for it.
        I'd sure wait on someone that is more 'in tune" with going price and not jump on it because of my response.

Comment

If you decide against it please forward contact info

Comment

Thanks for the info y’all. I will definitely pass along the info if I wind up passing on it. Pretty sure it’ll be in the gun safe soon though.

Comment

I bought one when they first came out. Pretty gun that felt good but I never shot it well. Eventually sold it and bought a Ithaca/SKB 200E that hit where I looked.

Comment

Well I couldn’t pass up the deal. Picked her up today. It came with the original box too which I thought was cool.
                Attached Files

Comment

oh yeah, I think you got your money's worth. Looks real, REAL nice.

Comment

At $2000 you did pretty dang good. That's beautiful. Definitely keep the box, helps collector value for sure.

Comment

That’s a beauty, good luck with that fine shotgun.

Comment

Congrats! That's some fine craftsmanship and fine wood.

Comment

You did good!

Comment

She's a beaut Clark !!!!!

Comment

Thanks y’all, looking forward to taking it out this dove season.

Comment

Working...
                              X