No announcement yet.

How long is this Aoudad?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok, I'm usually not this kind of guy, but does this not SCREAM Photoshop to anyone else??

There appear to be several glitches so to speak in the photo. I am no PS expert by any means though.

1) A potential RW by all accounts if legit and at least a top 1% class animal 2) horns that long and not a shred of brooming 3) Horns that long and no apparent scarring on the side of the animal that is visible 4) the angle of the horns seems weird along with a few other strange horn characteristics.

Is that an ear tag hole in right ear ???

Just saying maybe

OP, can you confirm it is legit ?
    Last edited by buck_wild; 09-22-2021, 08:34 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by buck_wild View Post
      Ok, I'm usually not this kind of guy, but does this not SCREAM Photoshop to anyone else??

There appear to be several glitches so to speak in the photo. I am no PS expert by any means though.

1) A potential RW by all accounts if legit and at least a top 1% class animal 2) horns that long and not a shred of brooming 3) Horns that long and no apparent scarring on the side of the animal that is visible 4) the angle of the horns seems weird along with a few other strange horn characteristics.

Is that an ear tag hole in right ear ???

Just saying maybe

OP, can you confirm it is legit ?
      It’s legit

Comment

Originally posted by Chance Love View Post
        It’s legit
        What Chance said^^^

Comment

This is a great aoudad, but not terribly uncommon in places like far west Texas. There are some monsters out there that can live their whole life and never see a human.

Comment

Originally posted by Tx.Fisher View Post
            What Chance said^^^
            Post a measurement

Anticipation is killing me

Comment

If you scale out the width of the hand (~4”) vs the length of the horn, it should be around 34”-35”.

Comment

How long is this Aoudad?

42x42 that’s insane. Should be the new world record by 3-5" at least.

Also, this is the dude out of Idaho thats shot all sorts of world records and stuff I believe?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                Last edited by 150class; 09-22-2021, 10:21 AM.

Comment

Sheep was killed on the Flying A Ranch in Bandera. They have true giants. Obviously. I’ve had my hands on numerous 36”-38”+ rams with crazy heavy mass. This one is a one-of-a-kind. Once in a lifetime for sure. He looked crazy-big out in the pasture too.

Comment

Sheep was killed on the Flying A Ranch in Bandera. They have true giants. Obviously. I’ve had my hands on numerous 36”-38”+ rams with crazy heavy mass. This one is a one-of-a-kind. Once in a lifetime for sure. He looked crazy-big out in the pasture too.
                    I had the answer right in front of me the whole time lol

Flying A has monsters

Comment

Yes Sir, everything Chance said is 100% true. Killed at the Flying A Ranch.
                      Last edited by Tx.Fisher; 09-22-2021, 11:34 AM.

Comment

This was him in the the fall of 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Tx.Fisher View Post
                          This was him in the the fall of 2020

Wow!!

Comment

I want one like that to hang on the wall!! Yep at the Flyin A. Had a buddy and his wife there this weekend on a hunt and they saw that beast come in. Congrats to the hunter.

Comment

My goodness that’s an amazing animal

Comment

Beast!

Comment

Working...
                                X