Who shoots a 22-250?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who shoots a 22-250?

I picked up these 2 Remington 700’s in 22-250.. back in 2020… They are both 6 digit guns from ‘65… I removed the old Weaver scopes and replaced one with a Zeiss Conquest and the other with a Nikon Monarch scope… I’ve never owned a gun in this caliber before and plan on hunting with them some….
    Attached Files

You sir...have struck gold.

Comment

Those should be solid shooters. I have a 700v in 22-250, early 90’s production. It shoots extremely well with off the shelf Ammo. Great for neck shots on does.

Comment

probably slow twist barrels and will like 55gr and less bullets. Green box core lokt's should shoot great in them.

Comment

Very slick, beautiful rifles there bud.

I carry an old pawn shop Stevens 22-250 with a cheap Nikon on it around in my ranch truck. It’s probably the most all around beat up accurate rifle I shoot regularly with any OTC cheap ammo I run through it.

Comment

I’ve neck shot a many of deer with my 22-250. Those will put food on the table for many years to come.

Comment

Those are beautiful rifles. 55 gr. bullets and neck shots, from the front or rear, through the spine. It will do things that will probably shock you.

Comment

Originally posted by artos View Post
                you sir...have struck gold.
                x100

Comment

Fine machinery you've got there.

Sent from my motorola one 5G UW using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Artos View Post
                    You sir...have struck gold.
                    Thank you sir…. It was strange that I bought them out of 2 different collections on the same day…. I bought the ADL first…. I knew it was really nice.. then after I purchased the BDL I thought I wished I’d seen it first… After getting them both home.. I was glad I’d bought them both… I’m still kicking myself for not picking up a Winchester 70 crf..fw… from the 90’s.. stainless.. walnut stock.. in 22-250… years ago….

Comment

I also have 2 Remingtons 22-250 left hand 700 bdl’s one is synthetic stock the other wood, they are both shooters. I have neck shot a doe, head shot several hogs and turkeys

Comment

Originally posted by B&C View Post
                        probably slow twist barrels and will like 55gr and less bullets. Green box core lokt's should shoot great in them.
                        You are right on the 14 twist barrels not liking heavier bullets.
                        FYI Rem has never sold CoreLokt 22-250 ammo. Some of the 22-250 boxes are misleading but do not actually say the bullet is a CoreLokt.

Comment

Great find ! I've have a later production 700, 90's, that shoots the plain ole Remington green box 55gr. into an inch at 100 yards. Sweet caliber.

Comment

22-250 has been one of my favorite cartridges since back in the 60's. Love the 700's but that 14 twist they came with rules out some of my favorite deer/hog bullets.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Bald Guy View Post
                              You are right on the 14 twist barrels not liking heavier bullets.
                              FYI Rem has never sold CoreLokt 22-250 ammo. Some of the 22-250 boxes are misleading but do not actually say the bullet is a CoreLokt.
                              Correct, they are actually just pointed soft points (PSP).

One of the only deer I lost was with my .22-250. Neck shot at about 30-40 yards. Knocked him down and he got up and ran off. Honestly believe the short distance had something to do with it (bullet didn’t expand) and it didn’t hit anything solid.

Comment

Working...
                              X