The Judge corn feeder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Judge corn feeder

I'm thinking about getting one of these because it's close by.

Does anyone run one of these or know of anyone that does? I'm wanting to hear the good or the bad on these. The motor is in the bottom inside the hopper which makes me a little nervous if there should ever be a motor issue.

Originally posted by Bazo View Post
    I'm thinking about getting one of these because it's close by.

Does anyone run one of these or know of anyone that does? I'm wanting to hear the good or the bad on these. The motor is in the bottom inside the hopper which makes me a little nervous if there should ever be a motor issue.
    I’ve got one and I really like it. No issues that I’ve seen so far. I can’t comment on the motor deal though, yet. Lol
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Bone Thug; 02-10-2022, 03:27 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bone Thug View Post
      I’ve got one and I really like it. No issues that I’ve seen so far. I can’t comment on the motor deal though, yet. Lol

How long have you been running it? I’ve been kicking around all week going to get it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

How long have you been running it? I’ve been kicking around all week going to get it.

I’ve only had it since August 2021.

Comment

4 years and still going strong. Never had a problem with them.

Comment

Originally posted by Bone Thug View Post
            I’ve only had it since August 2021.

Thanks for the feedback!

Comment

My brother has had his for about 4 years with no problems. If I remember correctly we had to put a plate over a hole in middle of that bottom plate to keep coons from reaching hand up there. Not sure what purpose of the hole was anyway.

Comment

How much are they and where have you found them?

Comment

I like this style feeder but can't seem to locate one in the San Antonio area. Anyone know a place that has this style feeder in stock?

Comment

Thanks for the feedback!

Yes Sir….You are welcome.

Originally posted by breeds13 View Post
                    How much are they and where have you found them?
                    I bought mine from the feed store in Mason. Back then, I think I paid around $565 cash.

Comment

This is all good feedback. Looks like I'll go pick it up this weekend if it' still there.

Comment

Originally posted by 9452772 View Post
                        I like this style feeder but can't seem to locate one in the San Antonio area. Anyone know a place that has this style feeder in stock?
                        The closest I've seen is Los Cazadores in Stonewall.

Comment

I have two both new in 2021 one has been flawless the other the spinner plate fell off and dumped 500lbs of corn out of it and the solar cell didn’t work. Both issues minus the corn were taken care by the manufacturer the spinner plate and solar cell were shipped the day we talked.

Comment

Picked a 300lb Judge feeder used few years back, had to replace the "The Timer" but everything else works as designed. I did have a problem with corn sticking together between the plate and the spinner when it was super humid so I lowered the plate slightly to encourage more airflow.

In E TX the big hogs figured out how to knock on the plate from underneath to work more corn out of the feeder. I ended up setting it up in a penned area on my current lease.

Still works but I found the ASF feeders to be a better design.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Comment

I have the feeder, that was made before the Judge, has the exact same design. Thought the Judge guys broke away from the original company.

Any way have had two 600#s for 12 years, have only changed out one motor in that time. Use The Timer and have had no other issues.

Comment

Working...
                              X