Savage owners, school me

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Savage owners, school me

I said I'd never own another savage. I'm eating crow. I picked up a model 10 predator hunter in 22-250. Here is my dilemma. The dang actions are not all alike like the remingtons etc. Kinda stupid if you ask me.
    Appears you have long and short (in calibers that aren't normally long action etc) then round receivers vs flat. Wth?

So. How do you tell what's what?

Freaking 22-250 is normally short action. This thing seems to be long action....

You can get long and short action in any caliber I think. Model 11 vs 111, 10 vs 110 and so on. I love my model 12 in 300 wsm. Most accurate rifle I own at the moment.

Comment

thinkin about gettin a savage 110 in 243 or 22 250. aint decided.

Comment

Not sure what we're dealing with on the action issues, but I wouldn't trade my Savage 270 for anything.

Comment

Originally posted by jenningsshuter View Post
          Not sure what we're dealing with on the action issues, but I wouldn't trade my Savage 270 for anything.
          I figured the bases and rings out. Had some in my parts box.

Why do they make them in short and long for the same caliber?

Comment

Originally posted by captainsling View Post
            You can get long and short action in any caliber I think. Model 11 vs 111, 10 vs 110 and so on. I love my model 12 in 300 wsm. Most accurate rifle I own at the moment.
            yup. 2 digits = short action. 3 digits = long action.

10 is a short action and should be a tack driver with the right ammo.

Comment

looks like you got your answer and history will show, they have always been some of the most straight shooters out there. I still hunt on occassion with my Grandpa's 1932 300 lever action Savage - love it! Added a 7mag Savage to the aresenal a couple years ago and it's extremely accurate too. - good luck

Comment

Originally posted by Matteo View Post
                yup. 2 digits = short action. 3 digits = long action.

10 is a short action and should be a tack driver with the right ammo.
                Mine is a 10 and seems to be a LA

Comment

Don't like savage but I know they shoot

Comment

Originally posted by Johnybenchrest View Post
                    Don't like savage but I know they shoot
                    I really don't either but I'm gonna give it a chance. It feels pretty good. I was shocked!!

Measuring the action I guess it's a short. Just looks alot different than what I'm used to I suppose.

Comment

This guy ^^^^^

Comment

Lol!! You watch it Nate!! I know where you live

The short action one piece base was way too short.... So idk. Doesn't matter. It's in the vice now. Leveling it all and mounting the scope tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by skeeter View Post
                          thinkin about gettin a savage 110 in 243 or 22 250. aint decided.
                          22-250 my savage 22-250 ok my wifes savage 22-250 that i hunt with is the most used rifle i own. From coons to deer, it just goes where it is told. And destroys what it hits. Turn a coon inside out. And with a nosler partions will punch thru a tx wt most of the time. DRT just about every time. Turns everying inside into grape jelly. The one that ran was a bad shot too far back. I flinched.

Comment

I own a savage 22-250 and a savage axis 25-06.. Very accurate !

Comment

Originally posted by trophy8 View Post
                              Lol!! You watch it Nate!! I know where you live

The short action one piece base was way too short.... So idk. Doesn't matter. It's in the vice now. Leveling it all and mounting the scope tonight.
                              Lol. Won't find any of those weird Indian guns here.

Comment

Working...
                              X