Nikon or Leupold

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nikon or Leupold

Im needing to get a good rifle scope soon. Im just curious as to which brand is most popular with everyone on this site. Im comparing the lower end models of these scopes. The prostaff and the VX-1. I have owned Leupold but never the Nikon, and there is about 60.00 difference in the 2 brands.

Leupold

Comment

look at the vortex and the weaver grand slam and fantastic scopes.

Comment

I think the glass is clearer on Leupold IMO.

Comment

Leupold all the way! Will cost a little more but worth the investment!

Comment

You can't go wrong with either one.

Comment

I like Leupold myself. I've looked through all sorts of scopes at Gander Mountain, and Leupold was my favorite. I own the Rifleman which in my opinion is a good scope for the money, as well as the VX-2 which is an awesome scope for the money also. Just depends on your price range.

Comment

If you're going "lower" end I'd really give a look to the Simmons Aetec scopes. I've got VX-1's and have owned Prostaffs in the past and frankly the Simmons are better scopes.

Comment

Nikon or Leupold

I have a leupold scope on a gun I've never fired. I have used the other brand in the past.

Comment

I've never had to use it but the Leupy warranty is tops.

EDIT: I would really consider waiting for a clean used vari-x ii / vx-ii
                    Last edited by Artos; 06-27-2010, 12:08 PM.

Comment

I own both and IMO the Nikon is the better buy for entry level scopes. I have a pro staff and a $300 buckmaster with side focus that are rock solid. I also have two VX III's that are bullet proof but not even in the same line.

I know a young man who treats his rifle like a shovel and his dented scratched up prostaff is always good for a 100 yard head shot.

Again...JMHO

Comment

Leupold in that group.... but you might want to look at Meopta and Zeiss also in
                        that price range

Comment

Originally posted by jlptexashunter View Post
                          If you're going "lower" end I'd really give a look to the Simmons Aetec scopes. I've got VX-1's and have owned Prostaffs in the past and frankly the Simmons are better scopes.
                          x 2. I have 3 Aeted scopes. I like em.

that being said, I have owned Nikon and Leupold. Never had any problems with either.

Comment

I had a Leupold and it was flawless, I have a Nikon on one rifle and it is horrible, I'm ready to send it back to them and tell them to keep it.

I was looking for a new scope and went with Vortex Optics scope, wow, definitely more for my money!

Comment

I have owned both and in the higher end (VX-3) Leupold wins. In the lower end (Rifleman, VX-1, Pro-staff) the Nikon wins.

Comment

Working...
                              X