X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Leupold scopes & nikon binocs all the way 4 me

Comment

Originally posted by nelsonv View Post
      never shoot my guns anymore but they are all topped of with leupolds.
      x 2!!!

Comment

Nikon Monarch is as good as or better than all but the most expensive leupold and cost less. The monarch has 95% light transmision. The prostaff isnt even in the same leage as a monarch. I do have a prostaff on my 3030 and it works very well. nikon also has free ballistic software for their scopes.

Comment

I'm a big Leupold fan

Comment

I have used both. I think they are equal on clarity and light gathering ability. I like the finer crosshairs that Leupold has. However, the big difference for me is the adjustments when sighting in. The old faithfull one click = 1/4" at 100 yds is gone with the new Leupolds and I hate it! There are no more clicks, just smooth all the way through and maybe it's just mental for me but I liked the clicks. For that reason, I vote Prostaff.

Comment

Nikon

Comment

a3dHunter--might not be the scope, but may be the bedding if the rifle is walnut-stocked. Change in humidity can make the fore end warp just enough to put a different pressure on the barrel, and it doesn't take much to move the point of impact 2".

Comment

all my rifles have leupolds on them. My brother has a nikon and i dont really like it. My binos are nikon and i like them tho. go figure. leupold has excellent warranty/service. My step grand dad bought a broken one from a pawn shop and sent it on and got it fixed, and a buddy of mine had one fogging up and sent it in and got another. same problem, sent it in. got another. Come to find out he was breathing on it. lol

Comment

It ends up a personal choice. For me it`s the Nikon Pro- Staff.

Comment

Leupold

Comment

Can someone explain to me how a scope "gathers" light. Does a scope actually have a device that goes out and gathers light? I know some scope have better light transmission then others but need someone to explain this light gathering ability to me.

Leupold makes a great scope. Nikon does as well. Eye relief will be better with the Leupold and so will customer service. I personally would rate the Zeiss conquest a better scope for the money.

Comment

Leupold all the way But you might look at vortex there bino's i've seen to be nice.

Comment

Here its like asking Ford Or Chevy---Just like Chevrolet ,Leupold makes a superior product.
                            Last edited by HoustonR6ryda; 06-28-2010, 09:07 AM. Reason: laughing

Comment

Originally posted by bowhuntermac View Post
                              I have owned both and in the higher end (VX-3) Leupold wins. In the lower end (Rifleman, VX-1, Pro-staff) the Nikon wins.

this dude speaks the truth

lower end Nikon scopes are very good buys for the money

Comment

Originally posted by denimdeerslayer View Post
                                Leupold, gathers more light than Nikon

not according to published numbers from each manufacturer , when comparing comparable , entry level scopes .... 3x9x40mm

The Leupold Rifleman scopes have a fully coated lens system using a single coating of magnesium floride, providing 82% of the available light back to the eye.

The LEU VX-I scopes have a standard multicoat lens system, proving 86% of the available light back to the eye

The Nikon Buckmaster scopes have Brightvueâ„¢ Multicoating
                                Bright, as optics deliver up to 92% light transmission.

Comment

Working...
                                X