Looking for reviews on the Beretta A300 Ultima 20ga

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Smart View Post
    Like I said in the OP...I have Benellis. I want to add a gas gun ...the Ethos being an inertia gun, doesn't qualify. The $1700 price tag nixes it as well. If I spend that kind of money, I'd add a 28 or 410 to my 725 20..

Get us a package deal on a couple A400 Uplands brother. [emoji12][emoji12][emoji12]

Comment

Like I said in the OP...I have Benellis. I want to add a gas gun ...the Ethos being an inertia gun, doesn't qualify. The $1700 price tag nixes it as well. If I spend that kind of money, I'd add a 28 or 410 to my 725 20..
      Hey, I understand. I shot Beretta's for most of my life, but, since I got my first SBE, I haven't looked back. No more jams. To each their own.

Comment

Originally posted by ultrastealth View Post
        Hey, I understand. I shot Beretta's for most of my life, but, since I got my first SBE, I haven't looked back. No more jams. To each their own.
        Was that before or after you put the sure-cycle in?

Comment

Originally posted by jdg13 View Post
          You shouldn't have to do that to a shotgun that costs that much. My Benelli's have run great from day one, no modifications. Like I said, to each their own. The Beretta's recoil less, but need maintenance. It just depends on your perspective.

Comment

Originally posted by jdg13 View Post

Had to put sure cycles in my Benellis to cycle the light dove loads and even then the SBE didn't like the 7/8 or 1 ounce loads real well. Put one in my M-1 20 as well.... In addition to the lighter loads, I also did it for the stainless steel factor and duck hunting wading in flooded timber. Hopefully Benelli has made them standard in the new models.

I don't mind a little maintenance for a gas gun. I probably maintain my Benellis more than folks maintain gas guns anyway so it wouldn't be much change..
            Last edited by Smart; 09-22-2022, 07:25 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by TexasCanesFan View Post
              Get us a package deal on a couple A400 Uplands brother. [emoji12][emoji12][emoji12]

Pretty guns but dang Joe...I want something I can get sweat, beer, blood and bug spray on without wincing..

Comment

I have the A400 Xplor 20 and love it. My favorite semi auto shotgun. Light weight, cycles great and really like the bronze receiver on walnut. Shoots all the cheap skeet loads and hasn't jammed on me yet. I havent seen the A300 20 but have shot the A300 12 and would have no problem buying either of them.

The A400 Xplor Action semiauto is today's fastest shooting, lowest recoil shotgun with a wood-blue finish. Find out what makes it the best choice for both hunting and sporting clays.

Comment

You shouldn't have to do that to a shotgun that costs that much. My Benelli's have run great from day one, no modifications. Like I said, to each their own. The Beretta's recoil less, but need maintenance. It just depends on your perspective.
                  My perspective is that the new ones are a roll of the dice. You either get a good one or a POS. I have an old M1 that is mostly reliable. Buddy had a SBE2 that would only reliably cycle a certain brand of duck loads. Dad bought a brand new SBE3 that shot so high above point of aim that the pattern wasn't hardly on the target at 40yds. My Berettas have been flawless, both the 391 with thousands of rounds shooting clays and the A300 I abuse. To each their own.

Comment

Originally posted by Fmjag64 View Post
                    I have the A400 Xplor 20 and love it. My favorite semi auto shotgun. Light weight, cycles great and really like the bronze receiver on walnut. Shoots all the cheap skeet loads and hasn't jammed on me yet. I havent seen the A300 20 but have shot the A300 12 and would have no problem buying either of them.

https://www.beretta.com/en-us/a400-xplor-action/
                    I am struggling to understand all of the differences in the a400 models. Like xplor, xcel, upland, Xtreme.... Aesthetically there are some minor differences but I don't understand the true differences between the models.

Comment

Pretty guns but dang Joe...I want something I can get sweat, beer, blood and bug spray on without wincing..
                      Pimping ain't easy brother..

Comment

Originally posted by TexasCanesFan View Post
                        I am struggling to understand all of the differences in the a400 models. Like xplor, xcel, upland, Xtreme.... Aesthetically there are some minor differences but I don't understand the true differences between the models.
                        Think of it as different models of a F150. All A400 models will be their top tier usually with all the bells and whistles like Kick-off system etc. . The Xplor is a great field gun and lighter weight, Xtreme is a waterfowl gun and a workhorse it will have an aqua coating to prevent rust and such and beefy action to cycle 3.5 magnum shells, Upland is a fancy Xplor if i recall correctly with some engraving, Xcel is usually more skeet geared toward competition and the A300 is one tier below but these days the A300 is still right there IMO.
                        Last edited by Fmjag64; 09-22-2022, 08:55 AM.

Comment

I just bought an M2 20 in Max 5. I've hunted birds with it twice, and if I could do it over again I'd go with the A300 in Mossy Oak Bottomland. They're great guns.

Comment

Originally posted by Fmjag64 View Post
                            Think of it as different models of a F150. All A400 models will be their top tier usually with all the bells and whistles like Kick-off system etc. . The Xplor is a great field gun and lighter weight, Xtreme is a waterfowl gun and a workhorse it will have an aqua coating to prevent rust and such and beefy action to cycle 3.5 magnum shells, Upland is a fancy Xplor if i recall correctly with some engraving, Xcel is usually more skeet geared toward competition and the A300 is one tier below but these days the A300 is still right there IMO.
                            PERFECT!!! Thank you.

That a400 Upland has my eye!!! Like REALLY has my eye.

Comment

There's this gun called a Benelli Ethos.......but whatever.
                              Life is too short to be caught with an abortion of a looking gun

I have 3 beretta 20s. I rate them 390, 400 then 302. The 390 is smoother and easier to strip to clean to than the 400. But, the 400 has a lighter recoil and can literally be shot one handed with dove loads. FWIW had 12s of same models and thought the same. Hence the reason I actually sold the smurf xcel

The rotator bolt business of the 400 and jamanellis just isnt as smooth as straight gas to me. Reminds me of an AR
                              Last edited by Quackerbox; 09-22-2022, 09:33 AM.

Comment

I also own 2 Benellis. SBE and Montefeltro 20. Both have jammed more than my Berettas.

Comment

Working...
                                X