Out of State Duck/Goose Hunting Outfitters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by breeds13 View Post
    That sounds awesome actually. Canada is definitely on my bucket list, not just for waterfowl but for whitetail and other big game as well. Not sure how I feel about the first week of October, with that being opening weekend of bow season here.

I'm not trying to dive down a COVID-19 rabbit hole here, but don't you have to be fully vaccinated to enter Canada?
    We saw some absolutely MONSTER whitetail and mule deer.

Didn’t try to hunt them though, as the landowners actually cared about them.

Ducks and geese on the other hand, were considered a pest.

When we were going, it was actually illegal to pay a landowner to hunt. That, and you couldn’t hunt on Sunday’s. I don’t know if that has changed any.

Comment

Anyone got any feedback on Big Kansas Outdoors? They're really the first ones to get back to me with available dates for November and December.

Waiting on dates from Prairie Rock Outfitters in Nebraska.

FowlCo Outfitters in Oklahoma gives first priority to their repeat clients. I was put on the distribution list for remaining available dates to be released to new clients in early/mid Summer. Not sure I want to wait that long.

Also reached out to Salt Plains Outfitters and Bluestem Waterfowl but haven't heard back yet.

Comment

I'm a die hard duck and goose hunter and have a spot in SW Arkansas that when times are good it's world class. With that said, if you really want to have a fantastic hunt, go south to Mexico or South America. The duck hunting in SA is amazing, add in some upland bird hunts in the afternoon and it really can't be beat.

North America has become too spotty due to weather, pressure and timing. The places you mentioned are great, but if you want to really get after it, go south. I'm not talking about dove/pigeon shoots.

Have fun and good luck with your search.

Comment

I grew up hunting in the Mississippi Delta, and my college roommate is the greatest duck caller to walk the earth. Hunted Stuttgart AR with him many times. For Mallards, Arkansas still is the land of plenty. I live in Kansas now, and the Canada geese are everywhere. I don't have any experience with outfitters, but we've got the geese.

Comment

Working...
          X