Steel target build along

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Steel target build along

Bought some 1" round bar, 1" pipe, and had the 1.5" angle iron and 1/2" chain laying around the shop. My father in law gave me some 3/8" BR plate also. Made a couple 24"x 24" and one 24"x 30" targets.

Made them to be taken apart for transport. Going to build a couple more so I can set them up at 200, 400, 600, 800, and 1000yards here at the house on my range. Ospho'd them and will paint tomorrow. Will anchor them on each corner with 18" stakes. I'll post more pics tomorrow after the paint dries
    Last edited by MASTERS; 06-21-2016, 03:38 PM.

Ding.....

Comment

Nice.

Comment

Nice!

Comment

You using hardened steel, like AR500?

Comment

Originally posted by sir shovelhands View Post
            You using hardened steel, like AR500?
            This stuff is used to make blast proof and bullet proof doors and has a hardness of about 850-900HB which is almost twice the hardness of ar500

Comment

Way cool!!

Comment

Looks awesome. Shooting steel is a riot. If you shoot like me and my buddies you'll have some holes in the pipe and a few broken chains pretty soon. We switched to old bailer belts to hold up our plates. They can take dozens of shots and still hold. Just a tip we learned the hard way with a few dangling plates.

Comment

Originally posted by masters75 View Post
                  This stuff is used to make blast proof and bullet proof doors and has a hardness of about 850-900HB which is almost twice the hardness of ar500
                  Awesome. Just had to check: some people just buy mild steel and get real upset (understandably) when they go see the target up close and it's all dented or blown through.

Comment

Need to make some of these soon! Nice work, have fun ringing that steel!

Comment

Sorry, we couldn’t find that page

Shot 600, 800 and 1000 Saturday morning before the wind picked up. 7mm remmy pushing the 168gr bergers 3200fps barely knocked the paint off of them at those distances. That BR plate is hard stuff. I uploaded a video of me shooting at 1000 just so you could hear the bullet impact

Comment

That awesome Dustin. Now you have no excuse that the coyotes didn't come in close enough to to the call.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Daddy LIKE!!!

Comment

Working...
                          X