A little getaway for me and the Mrs.?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A little getaway for me and the Mrs.?

Looking for ideas to take my wife for a 2 or 3 day getaway. We're looking for somewhere kind of off the beaten path. Alecia can't do any kind of hiking or anything like that, so a day of walking around a town square is fine. We don't want to go to Fredericksburg or Jefferson because it seems like everyone and their dog goes to these. Whats a good laid back town to check out? Something within 3 hours or so of Dallas. Thanks.

Ever been to Glen Rose? Fossil Rim wildlife park is great! Dinosaur Valley state park is nice. Downtown is easy walking around and small town feel.

Comment

Originally posted by bigjohntex View Post
      Ever been to Glen Rose? Fossil Rim wildlife park is great! Dinosaur Valley state park is nice. Downtown is easy walking around and small town feel.
      Great place. We did Glen Rose when my son was young.

Comment

And thank you Jesus she doesn't want to go to Waco!

Comment

Wife and I spent 4 days in Wimberly area recently and enjoyed that. Lots of cool places to eat and relax.

Comment

You could go to Palestine and ride the train.

Texas State Railroad. Vintage steam and diesel locomotives take passengers across the rails of the Piney Woods!

Comment

Crappie fishing on Sam Rayburn

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

Thanks guy's. I'm thinking about taking her to Tyler. She has always wanted to go see the gardens there. Seems there are a couple of cool museums to check out too. I've been told to make sure we stay away from Whitehouse though. Seems there are some GOF's there that are pretty shady.

Comment

Broken Bow, Ok.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                    Broken Bow, Ok.
                    I’d second this!

Comment

Broken Bow or Medicine Park OK! We were in Medicine Park a couple months ago. You can drive through the Wichita Mountains wildlife preserve and see Buffalo (easy to find) and Elk if you get lucky. The town is small, but has some good restaurants.

Comment

Originally posted by Stickslinger92 View Post
                        Broken Bow or Medicine Park OK! We were in Medicine Park a couple months ago. You can drive through the Wichita Mountains wildlife preserve and see Buffalo (easy to find) and Elk if you get lucky. The town is small, but has some good restaurants.
                        Medicine Park is cool. I used to like Broken Bow, but too many people and too much traffic up there now for me.

Comment

Hot springs!

Comment

Originally posted by Snowflake Killa View Post
                            Crappie fishing on Sam Rayburn

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
                            I agree completely

Comment

Glen Rose is super cool. Some real neat laid back open air bars with good food and a neat town square with something always going on. The drive through park at fossil rim is neat as well.

Comment

Working...
                              X