That’s not where that goes!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Interesting find on private property between Cuero and Gonzales. Full disclosure, this deer was at one point roadkill identified by the orange paint in the back after they have a sample taken for testing. Still no clue how he got there.

Sierracharlie out....

Comment

Mountain lion

Comment

Big cat

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Only one way a deer gets up there...ok maybe more than 1 way.

Comment

Leopard or young rednecks. Mountain lions partially bury and cover their kills.

Comment

A cat that don't go meeeeeon. Hing quarters eaten. What else could do that?

Comment

Hmmm, wonder what a game warden would have to say about this.

Comment

The only cat's I know of that will drag it's prey up a tree are Leopard's. Bobcats have done it on occasion but it's rare and I would think that particular deer is too large for a bob to drag it up there. Did they check the deer for bite marks?

Comment

Interesting!

Comment

There’s definitely mountain lions in the Dryer Hochhiem area. (Ok one at the camp house about a mile from the river about 15 years ago). But there’s bound to be more. there’s also people that would put that up in the tree. Is that an oil well / equipment pad in the background?

Comment

Originally posted by 1longshot View Post
                        Hmmm, wonder what a game warden would have to say about this.

As far as what?

Sierracharlie out....

Comment

Originally posted by W E H View Post
                          There’s definitely mountain lions in the Dryer Hochhiem area. (Ok one at the camp house about a mile from the river about 15 years ago). But there’s bound to be more. there’s also people that would put that up in the tree. Is that an oil well / equipment pad in the background?
                          No just a oil/gas related business and their equipment.

When I was a young’un I heard of a fellow seeing one near the river and 183 intersection. Never heard anything more on it though.

Sierracharlie out....
                          Last edited by sierracharlie338; 01-02-2021, 08:16 PM.

Comment

Good sized cat but like others have said it is usually a leopard doing that

Could have been some bored kids but would think it would be closer to a road so they could get a reaction

Comment

Here kitty kitty.

Put up a pop up and see what comes in or set up a camera.

Comment

Working...
                              X