• Time
  • Show
Clear All

ACOG with Reflex adaptability suggestions

I would like to hear opinions on your top pick for:

1. Top of the line model
    2. Best price to function (value) model
    3. Budget model

I have a Trijicon RMR 6.5 moa that I will put on it so it must be railed or have some adaptability.

Thanks.

ACOGS are all top of the line. The models vary by magnification. Each one has pros and cons.

They’re all around the same cost new. No reason to buy a one new. Used ones pop up all the time for much lower than new.

There Isn’t really a “budget” ACOG. The only two I’ve bought under $700 were beat to crap and old. Both still worked perfectly

Pretty sure Every one down to the TA33 has mounting bosses or another way to mount an RMR.

If you do a little more research and narrow down some models it will be easier to help you out. ACOGS are awesome, but they’re definitely designed for specific tasks. They are a love or hate type optic.

Comment

is this what you're looking for ? it's functional and even has regular iron on the side as well ... optics are good .. good form factor .. i'd have to go find the box for the exact model
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Clay C View Post
        ACOGS are all top of the line. The models vary by magnification. Each one has pros and cons.

They’re all around the same cost new. No reason to buy a one new. Used ones pop up all the time for much lower than new.

There Isn’t really a “budget” ACOG. The only two I’ve bought under $700 were beat to crap and old. Both still worked perfectly

Pretty sure Every one down to the TA33 has mounting bosses or another way to mount an RMR.

If you do a little more research and narrow down some models it will be easier to help you out. ACOGS are awesome, but they’re definitely designed for specific tasks. They are a love or hate type optic.
        Allright, Trijicon is what I wanted but wasn’t sure if there were other brands delivering a quality product at a mid level price. I couldn’t find anything. I guess its buy once cry once.

Comment

Originally posted by imyomama View Post
          is this what you're looking for ? it's functional and even has regular iron on the side as well ... optics are good .. good form factor .. i'd have to go find the box for the exact model
          Thats the set up Im looking for basically. With my RMR I cant miss a pie plate standing unsupported at 50 yards. I want the capability to reach out accurately beyond that up to 300 yards so thinking 3x would be the most I need.

Comment

Originally posted by Ætheling View Post
            Allright, Trijicon is what I wanted but wasn’t sure if there were other brands delivering a quality product at a mid level price. I couldn’t find anything. I guess its buy once cry once.

Ah I got ya. ACOGS are a Trijicon product. No one else makes them. I think you are meaning Prism optics as a whole. Primary arms makes good budget ones.

Comment

Originally posted by Clay C View Post
              Ah I got ya. ACOGS are a Trijicon product. No one else makes them. I think you are meaning Prism optics as a whole. Primary arms makes good budget ones.
              There are a few other brands selling “ACOGS” but they range from 65-250 bucks. Seems too cheap imo. Cant find anything in a mid range. I will probably bite the bullet and stick to Trijicon

Comment

Originally posted by Ætheling View Post
                There are a few other brands selling “ACOGS” but they range from 65-250 bucks. Seems too cheap imo. Cant find anything in a mid range. I will probably bite the bullet and stick to Trijicon

If they are selling it as an ACOG it’s a knock off. Don’t buy those.

Comment

Any reason to not run a 45° canted red dot? Much more natural to look through and doesn’t take up much room at all

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by texasforever View Post
                    Any reason to not run a 45° canted red dot? Much more natural to look through and doesn’t take up much room at all

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I prefer the RMR mounted on top of ACOGS. I've gone to higher 1.93 mounts for stand alone red dots anyways. It's a more natural, heads up shooting position. Of course, everyone is different so preference vary.

Just scored a used TA33 that will be getting an RMR on top as soon as it gets here. Can't wait.

Comment

here is mine in case you are looking for this model .. in stock and way cheaper than they used to be .. model ta31-d-100553

Comment

Originally posted by imyomama View Post
                        here is mine in case you are looking for this model .. in stock and way cheaper than they used to be .. model ta31-d-100553
                        https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produ...luminated.html
                        Thanks.

Comment

This setup is pretty legit. This optic may be permanent on this rifle.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                          X