Racing Pigeon ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Racing Pigeon ?

Had one sitting in my back yard. Tag on leg. Traced it to a club code out of Oklahoma City. It was after hours to call
    It doesn’t appear it can or is making much effort to fly. Very docile & easy to pick up & handle. Don’t know much about them. Passing through or a chance it’s part of a local flock?
    I plan to call tomorrow as the serial # is on the tag
    Was afraid to just leave it on ground level due to I have cats & thought maybe it might wander into a large fire ant mount as well

Found one dead in my yard years ago. Correct me if I’m wrong (am I’m sure someone will) but I’m pretty sure they are worthless to the owners if they wont complete the mission.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by DoveBlaster View Post
      Found one dead in my yard years ago. Correct me if I’m wrong (am I’m sure someone will) but I’m pretty sure they are worthless to the owners if they wont complete the mission.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Not necessarily true could be a purebred and can be used for breeding stock. it may just be dehydrated. Find someone that has a coop or pen and take care of it for a few days, antibiotics in the water won't hurt either. the make good pets too.

Comment

You cook 'em just like you would a dove.

Comment

Thanks just waisted 10 mins watching pigeon racing on YouTube lol

Comment

Originally posted by Ouch View Post
            You cook 'em just like you would a dove.
            Dey good too

Comment

I've had pigeons. If he is that docile something is wrong, dehydration or weak from lack of food or illness. Even very tame birds usually will not let a stranger just pick them up. If u have any pop corn try giving him some.

Comment

Some of the racing ones are valuable, it would be nice if you could find the owner and return it . If the drive is to far you could feed and water for it two or three days then release it , it should fly back home. It may have just been burned out and unable to fly at the time it landed in your yard. Owners put in a lot of time and effort into the things . I’m speaking as a previous pigeon racer years ago.

Comment

Most likely he is dehydrated and hungry. They will make pit stops and reenergize for a few days.

Comment

My uncle is the north texas racing pigeon trainer people all across texas and Oklahoma ship the young birds to him they all race from his loft . When the racing season is over he sends all the birds back to the owners and starts over the next year . So basically the older birds are useless for racing because if they get out they will just fly back to his loft there for they are only used for breeding. Who knows that bird could of been a bird that was at his loft during racing season. He is out between Decatur and Ponder .

Comment

And yes more then likely there is something wrong with it . I used to raise them as well

Comment

Working...
                      X