No announcement yet.

What 223/556 suppressor?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I know guys don’t like dedicated .223 cans, but they really are nice to have if you don’t need it for other calibers.

I have a Recce 5 and absolutely love it. I’m thinking about a Turbo or Turbo K, but they are known for considerable blowback compared to others. I’d like to shoot one before pulling the trigger.

Another thing to consider about the Turbos is that they are cheap if you use their mount. Once you start factoring in other mounts the price difference between it and others shrink.
    Last edited by Clay C; 08-22-2021, 01:58 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by RMW View Post
      Whatever you buy make sure it’s titanium, I’ve got a dead air sandman large and it’s makes the AR useless it’s so heavy and long. I started buying integerally surppresed ar’s
      What barrel length and barrel profile?

Comment

Surefire or die IMO. Nothing comes close to proven track record/durability for something in a SHTF situation/combat.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

With 30 caliber options like this I see absolutely no reason to buy a 5.56 can.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by kkp005 View Post
            With the criteria posted it’s hard to beat the yhm turbo..
            Don’t overlook the resonators when you look at ordering another 30 cal can. I’ve got 3 of them and they are great for the money
            I was considering ordering a turbo and resonator at the same time.

Comment

Originally posted by CJ776 View Post
              Surefire or die IMO. Nothing comes close to proven track record/durability for something in a SHTF situation/combat.

Why?

Comment

Originally posted by trophy8 View Post
                Why?

Lol don’t know if ur joking or not.

Comment

I wanna hear it

I know what they are. This is like saying TBAC is the proven winner in precision rifle cans. I’m aware of the military contracts. Also aware of the military not always choosing the best

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
                    With 30 caliber options like this I see absolutely no reason to buy a 5.56 can.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
                    Sandman K is a cool can, but doesn’t do much in the flash or sound suppression department.

Comment

Originally posted by trophy8 View Post
                      I wanna hear it

I know what they are. This is like saying TBAC is the proven winner in precision rifle cans. I’m aware of the military contracts. Also aware of the military not always choosing the best

surefire is the glock/toyota of the world. they are not cheap and they don't do 1 thing way better than the rest, but they do overall the best job of what a suppressor was meant to do. 1. reduce sound to hearing safe levels 2. reduce flash signature 3. distort sound signature while being 100% reliable IMO

beside my experience shooting multiple other cans and owning a couple surefires i went with the brand based on feedback from SOF personnel i know and my friends know (MARSCO/Green berets), high volume hunters who use them, and a SOT dealer who runs a full auto shooting business.

they don't fail, there is no maintenance, there is no unproven tech in them. they are tanks and will probably outlast any other can on market.

that being said i'm sure there are other great products on the market, but i think you'd be hard pressed to find one that has more rounds down range is some unbelievably harsh conditions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

You can go with an Omega 300 and put a 22cal end cap on it. If you want to put it on something larger put the 30cal cap on it…….just make sure you remember…

Comment

I’m not. Do tell. I’ve got a Surefire core that’s sitting on a desk that says otherwise. The welds are complete sh*t.

Comment

Surefire earned their suppressor reputation based on their mounts alone. Their cans are mediocre at best, and these days their mounts are competitive at best. Loud, heavy, and mediocre. Not exactly good at anything. Oh yeah their cans do love to carbon lock. I’ve taken a few off myself with 223 blanks and strap wrenches.

As far as durability goes there are a handful more durable cans. There are also a handful quieter cans. Mounts are subjective, but SF is no longer the clear winner in the only category it did win.

Comment

surefire is the glock/toyota of the world. they are not cheap and they don't do 1 thing way better than the rest, but they do overall the best job of what a suppressor was meant to do. 1. reduce sound to hearing safe levels 2. reduce flash signature 3. distort sound signature while being 100% reliable IMO

beside my experience shooting multiple other cans and owning a couple surefires i went with the brand based on feedback from SOF personnel i know and my friends know (MARSCO/Green berets), high volume hunters who use them, and a SOT dealer who runs a full auto shooting business.

they don't fail, there is no maintenance, there is no unproven tech in them. they are tanks and will probably outlast any other can on market.

that being said i'm sure there are other great products on the market, but i think you'd be hard pressed to find one that has more rounds down range is some unbelievably harsh conditions.

8-10 years ago I’d agree. When they were one of the very few players on the block.

The military uses leupold mk4s heavily too for many special forces groups. And that thing is way behind the curve in today’s market lol.

Sorry OP.

Comment

Originally posted by TX03RUBI View Post
                                Surefire earned their suppressor reputation based on their mounts alone. Their cans are mediocre at best, and these days their mounts are competitive at best. Loud, heavy, and mediocre. Not exactly good at anything. Oh yeah their cans do love to carbon lock. I’ve taken a few off myself with 223 blanks and strap wrenches.

As far as durability goes there are a handful more durable cans. There are also a handful quieter cans. Mounts are subjective, but SF is no longer the clear winner in the only category it did win.

you should post up the better cans mentioned above for OP and everyone else?

Comment

Working...
                                X