lantern for night fishing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

lantern for night fishing

I hate the lantern with the mesh netting, I have a coleman and its bright, but seems like I have to replace the net every time I use it.

Edit...I shouldn't say hate, its a good lantern, just a pita to have to replace those nets all the time.

What is a good battery powered lantern for around the house use and night fishing?

I looked at some on Amazon, but they seemed hit or miss on the reviews so hard to tell. Also they looked tiny and weak from pics and videos I seen.
    Last edited by OrangeBlood; 04-02-2021, 11:47 AM.

I use a LED lantern I got for Christmas, it has a dimmer switch for high, medium, low
    And last forever on 4 D cell battery, was a Amazon gift

Comment

Harbor Freight has one 19.99 works great

Comment

Maybe repellant/light

Comment

I bought one, believe it was an Ozark Trail from Walmart and it works pretty darn well. I also bought a little rechargeable one at Academy I think - it was around 30 - 40 and that little thing is bright. Has a little bag to put over it to diffuse light if you want to. charge lasts a decent amount of time. It is only about 6-8 inches tall.
          Last edited by BowhunterB; 08-11-2021, 08:53 AM.

Comment

I've got these around the house for power outages and they work great.

Comment

What kind of night fishing?

Comment

I have several Colemans that the mantle has lasted 2-3 years afore needing replaced. They are not hard to replace.

Are you playing soccer with your lantern?

Comment

Kinda pricey but I really like my Milwaukee Fuel M18 search light. Has 4 modes for flood, beam or strobe. The beam shoots 750 yards. Doubles as my work light around the house

Sent from my SM-J260AZ using Tapatalk

Comment

I love fishing very much, but I rarely go fishing at night, usually I get up and go fishing at dawn. But since my family and I often spend time hiking or hunting, I often face the problem of not having a reliable and sufficient source of lighting during the dark hours of the day. I recently found the hokolite camping lantern on the Internet and decided to get serious about choosing a good, rechargeable LED flashlight that is compact enough to carry, but still quite bright. It's really important to choose a camping lantern made of durable materials that will work well for a long time.

Comment

lol lantern with the mesh netting. bet as a kid on the west end of galveston looking for flat fish i used a car load full of them. i miss them days.

Comment

Originally posted by Derrik View Post
                        I've got these around the house for power outages and they work great.

https://www.amazon.com/Etekcity-Port...8695758&sr=8-6
                        Yep !.. Got one of them, myself...

Comment

This works awesome as does the tripod

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by waterdog View Post
                            lol lantern with the mesh netting. bet as a kid on the west end of galveston looking for flat fish i used a car load full of them. i miss them days.

My father took me as a child to do this often....good times....thank the lord for submersible l.e.d.'s now....

Comment

Working...
                            X