Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Marine/Boat insurance

Good morning, folks

Looking to see who you fellas would recommend going with for insurance. Boat is a Mowdy C-25 with 350 Verado. Our insurance lady (local gal who doesn’t really handle marine vessels) said that the only boats they like to deal with are 250 hp max. Oooookay guess they’re more comfortable staying in the bass boat world

Anyways, wanting suggestions on who y’all recommend

I just recently went through Anchor Marine Insurance to get my new boat insured.

Comment

Progressive's been super good to me, can't seem to beat the price no matter where I quote, and their Sign & Glide tow coverage is dirt cheap and works everywhere without having to subscribe to any specific company. I used it once wee into the night, no reimbursement garbage just signed and off we go.

Comment

Been with safeco for years. I had a rider that reimburses for emergency tows.

Comment

We write thru numerous companies. Lots of variables…

Comment

Progressive

Comment

I have my C25 ( 250 Zuke ) insured with Progressive, also had it on my old tunnel Vee, that slide & glide free tow came in handy a couple times on the old rig.

Comment

Progressive offered really good coverage in the past for my bass boat. "Fisherman Package" covered rods and screens if stolen and lower unit came with its own policy aside from boat and engine, with its own $100 deductible which was nice.

Comment

We talkin Liability or full meal deal

Comment

Originally posted by cva34 View Post
                    We talkin Liability or full meal deal
                    Full

Comment

I paid mine today with Geico/BoatUSA full coverage - $183.00.
                      State Boat Registration - $53.00 plus another 5 bucks for Park support donations.

Reasonable enough and painless.

Comment

Another vote for Progressive.

Comment

I have progressive. $400 a year with the replacement value of my boat being 50k.

I would suspect the replacement value on your mowdy would be closer to 100k.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I seem to switch every year. Used progressive, Charter Lakes, and this year with Geico/BoatUS. seems like they always up the premium after one year and if I shop it around I always find a better deal.

A buddy of mine has his shoalwater through Travelers and a smoking great price. They wouldnt even quote my SCB due to the name on the side (even though its a shallowsport)

Comment

I use Charter Lakes and have been happy with them.

Comment

Working...
                              X