Another Tree Saddle hunting question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another Tree Saddle hunting question

The climbing sticks I ordered are on back order and may be months getting here. I need suggestions for backup climbing sticks. I want the lightest possible.

So tell me what you think

My present order is from Timber Ninja.

Get 3 Hawk Heliums to get started. Probably more saddle hunters use Hawks more than any other stick mainly because of the price point, but they are actually pretty dang good sticks. There were/are some problems with the stacking cups on the 20". I have the 30" and the cups work great. I actually use three 30" Heliums and one Rapid Rail. The the Heliums nest in the Rapid Rail. I have a sling that attaches to the sticks. I wear my saddle in with my sticks slung over my left shoulder. I have my Predator platform in my back pack. I carry my bow in right hand. It works great.

Scheels has the 3 pack of 30" Heliums on sale now for $99.00 and free shipping.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

I run 4 of the 2 step hawk helium steps with 1 step aider on each one. Can't beat them for $99

Comment

Another vote for Hawk Heliums. Short or long. Look into an aider loop while you're at it. I use a one step aider that travels up the tree with me, instead of staying on an individual step.

Comment

If you are not hunting public, I don't think you can get lighter or more portable than a tree hopper drill and bolts. My entire climbing system is 2 or 3 lbs and could fit in a hip pocket. It is a few minutes slower to setup the first time but WAY faster pulling a set on the way down if you don't like the setup. And I can have steps in a dozen trees for sub $50. I think I bought 50 grade 8 bolts for like $20 last year. Can't remember exactly. I normally use 7-10 but I am willing to have pretty big gaps between them.

Comment

What sticks did you want?

I love my lone Wolf over the helium but both are quality gear. The lightest that I know of are the tethered ONE, and lone Wolf custom gear.

Aluminum spurs are light and fast if your proficient and careful

Xop makes great stock too

I just finished taking down some cheaper stack together sticks on some permanent stands…. Good lord those things suck in every way. Lol

Comment

Nvm. Just seen the tethred ONE is back ordered… $120 a stick!

Comment

You mite find some for sale on the saddlehunter.com I just looked and there are some for sale in the classifieds
                Last edited by Stick bow; 08-02-2021, 12:03 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Spoiled_TN_boy View Post
                  I run 4 of the 2 step hawk helium steps with 1 step aider on each one. Can't beat them for $99
                  I do the same W/ out the step aider, I just spread them suckers out, and I can get plenty high. I had muddy's and swore I'd never use climbing sticks again. I love these heliums.

Comment

Originally posted by Stick bow View Post
                    You mite find some for sale on the saddlehunter.com I just looked and there are some for sale in the classifieds
                    You'd have a better chance getting Beatles tickets! The stuff on that site is gone quick. Plus it costs you $15 just to view.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by bakin7005 View Post
                      You'd have a better chance getting Beatles tickets! The stuff on that site is gone quick. Plus it costs you $15 just to view.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
                      You can view the stuff but you won’t be able to reply to the thread . To get around that just send a PM directly to the person , y’all can exchange numbers and go from there
                      BUT 3 hawk helium’s for $99 is a good deal if your willing to lug the extra weight , I do believe the original post said he wants some light ones

Comment

Originally posted by Low Fence View Post
                        What sticks did you want?

I love my lone Wolf over the helium but both are quality gear. The lightest that I know of are the tethered ONE, and lone Wolf custom gear.

Aluminum spurs are light and fast if your proficient and careful

Xop makes great stock too

I just finished taking down some cheaper stack together sticks on some permanent stands…. Good lord those things suck in every way. Lol

I use aluminum spikes. I’m able to hunt 15 to 20 different trees every
                        Season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Sorry I been away for a couple of days and could not maintain this thread. I would like to thank yall for all the responses.

Yes I am looking for the lightest sticks I can find. I am not worried about price, Buy once, cry once. Pay me now or pay me later....that kind of thing.

Seems a lot of people like Heliums, I never considered them because of the weight. May need to revisit that.

Its been 7 weeks since I ordered the C1s....getting a little antsy. One more day and I cancel the order and go to plan B.

Any other Carbon Fiber sticks yall know of?

Thanx again.

Comment

C1 sight says up to 7 weeks for shipping. I haven’t looked too hard for the tethrd ONE stick but it’s lighter than the c1. It’s made from areospace titanium… 15oz per stick! Same price as c1 … if you can find them

Comment

The new lONE Wolf CUSTOM GEAR sticks are 1.5 pounds and probably the best pack ability

Since your shopping in a premium product range, you will be very disappointed in the hawk sticks (imho)

Comment

Working...
                              X