Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BLACKFINTURKEY View Post
    450 bushmaster or 458 socom.... show stoppers
    I'm currently building a .450 bushmaster and I couldn't agree more.

Comment

Originally posted by CoachS View Post
      I'm currently building a .450 bushmaster and I couldn't agree more.

I run a 10” 458 socom suppressed and it is a thumper!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

.50 Beowulf

Comment

I have a 350 legend and really enjoy it.
          You can use the same bolt and upper from a .5.56/223

Comment

.260 Rem is my next build/purchase

Comment

Originally posted by Chuy View Post
              I'd get build the 6.8 SPC with an ARP barrel/bolt.

I have hunted extensively with all of those calibers and the 6.8SPC is my favorite for deer and pigs. I built the 6.5 Grendel first due to ballistics "long range" but learned what the internet already told me, I wouldn't see the difference in the two in hunting range.

The 6.5 Grendel is a great shooting round and extremely accurate but the hunting capabilities seem to be where the 6.8 shines. It hits hard, has good expansion, and is very accurate. I've found it to be more forgiving if you are shooting the right ammo, It'll make a mess of a neck/head.

I like the Hornady 110 VMAX for pigs. THUMP
              Agreed

Comment

Originally posted by H-D View Post
                Putting together a real nice lower and not sure what caliber upper to pursue..so looking for ideas.
                Main purpose would be for hunting/plinking.
                Already have the below calibers so wouldn't want them or anything too close to them....
                like 6.5 Grendel for example due to it being too similar to the 6.8spc.

5.56/223
                300BO
                6.8spc

Anything else out there I should be looking at?
                I'd be hand loading for it as well so I'm not really "too" concerned with ammo availability for now.
                458 socom,,, nothing but awesome!

Comment

300 Ham’r

Comment

Originally posted by H-D View Post
                    Putting together a real nice lower and not sure what caliber upper to pursue..so looking for ideas.
                    Main purpose would be for hunting/plinking.
                    Already have the below calibers so wouldn't want them or anything too close to them....
                    like 6.5 Grendel for example due to it being too similar to the 6.8spc.

5.56/223
                    300BO
                    6.8spc

Anything else out there I should be looking at?
                    I'd be hand loading for it as well so I'm not really "too" concerned with ammo availability for now.

I have a Falkor .300 win mag and it’s probably my favorite hunting AR.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I have a couple ARs in 25-45 Sharps. One rifle has the 20in barrel and pushes an 87 hot-cor right at 2900fps. The other rifle is one I built for my 9 year old son with a 16in barrel, it pushes the same pill at 2750fps. If you reload its a great cartridge that's easy and cheap to make. I've been impressed with the performance on game as well, we've killed a pile of critters with them over the years without much fuss.

Comment

Originally posted by TxMedic View Post
                        .260 Rem is my next build/purchase
                        In my opinion I’d go with the creedmore if I had to do it again. I have a 24” 260 AR10 and just never could get the velocity I hoped for.

With that being said I have killed out to 650 and rang steel at 1400 with it. I absolutely love .260 just doesn’t work that great In a gas gun imo. 7.5 creed will get the same velocity with a shorter case that allows you to play with seating depth more.

Comment

I always suggest the .450 Bushmaster

Comment

+ .350 Legend
                            As stated above it isn't .357 diameter, ammo is reasonably priced. It's a pleasure to shoot and will work for deer, haven't taken any other animals with mine.

Comment

For plinking and hunting at moderate ranges I don't don't think you can beat the 7.62x39. Problem is they are finiky, until you get it right between hammer springs, enhanced firing pins, and mags.
                              Dirt cheap steel case fmj for fun and either brass case or steel case soft points for hunting.

Comment

Originally posted by RifleBowPistol View Post
                                The 350 Legend, is considered to be basically a rimless 357 Maximum. But from some of what I have found lately, it seems to be a different bore diameter than the 357. If that is true, then it's not exactly a rimless 357 Maximum. I am not 100% on bullet diameter. I was looking for bullets, and saw some listed as for calibers such as, then listed the 350 Legend and some other calibers, then right below were some bullets listed as being for 38 Special, 357 Mag., 357 Maximum. From what I understand, the powder charge/ powder capacity of the 350 Legend and the 357 Maximum is very close.
                                I don't hand load, but use the Hornady 170gr InterLock. Has a lot of energy and expansion. I have not tried it hunting passed 100 yards (use it in a tree stand) but think it has potential to probably 300 yards with factory ammo.

Comment

Working...
                                X