Shirts for heavy brush?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shirts for heavy brush?

Doing a lot of work out in west Texas on our new property. Ive been tearing up shirts left and right going through the brush. Thin Fishing shirts with hoods are great to keep the hot sun off but have no durability. Anything that is heavy and durable seems to not breathe which is a no go in the summer.

What are y’all typically using for the hot summers that is durable and offers sun protection? Safari shirts? Cotton, nylon?

Thanks

Heavy , long sleeved Cotton! Once it gets wet your good to go!

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by curtintex View Post
        Word.

No synthetic material. The plastic textile acts as a greenhouse effect and doesnt allow certain wavelengths of radiation to leave your body. Cotton does allow that escape.

Comment

And when it gets completely wet, it will be cooler than synthetic. That’s why you don’t wear cotton when it’s cold and wet.

Comment

heavy cotton Like welders use Starch helps...Welding supply sell

Comment

I second the long sleeve wrangler

Comment

Long sleeve wrangler shirts or welding shirts. Old school brush poppers if you can find em.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Yup. Long sleeved wrangler. If it is hot and I’m running a chainsaw or driving fence posts I will get a 5 gallon bucket of ice and water and keep taking my shirt off and dipping it in there.

Comment

X2

Good enough for Billy Joe Shaver to wear every day, good enough for any Texan working under the sun.

Comment

Brushpopper, what else?!

Comment

Welding shirts, heavy starched

Comment

Ugh, this is exactly why we'll lose the war. Good grief.

Maybe bring a note from your mom and submit it to the weather.

Comment

Lol...

Comment

I have denim shirts like above, also have some carhartt canvas type ones but they may be hotter than the denim. The carhartt will definantly protect from the brush though

Comment

Working...
                              X