Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's the deal with Prescription RX and other aps??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Discount prescription apps are predatory tools primarily directed at pharmacies and to a lesser extent, customers.

Comment

Pharmstore.com. It’s out of Canada. Your doctor sends in the prescription just like any other time and they mail you your meds. Super cheap. I have a med for asthma that ran 598 a month. Found same extract med through my doctor and pharmstore and reduced it to 70.99 for a 3 month supply. The drug companies are putting it to each and everyone of us. It’s a joke.

Comment

Here you go

Comment

Originally posted by Daniel32 View Post

So it’s basically an MLM type scheme within the industry.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Daniel32 View Post
            Partly, yes. Pharmacies are required to accept various discount cards (at a loss) by their PSAO, who only requires them to accept them because the PSAO gets kickbacks from the discount card companies. Meanwhile, while the discount card companies are wrecking pharmacies, they also data mine every single person that uses their app or card and then sells the info.

Comment

Originally posted by tvc184 View Post
              Go to goodrx.com and use the search feature.
              Just did. GoodRx is more than paying cash out of pocket. Weird.

Comment

There’s also an app called single care, but so far good rx has the better price for my meds. Just have to compare. My cholesterol med is 40 mg per day, my dr wrote it for 80 mg and told me to cut it in half, so I basically get a 6 month supply for the same price as a 3 month supply. Fill it twice a year for less than $25 for the whole year. Works for me!

Comment

Originally posted by Longue Carabine View Post
                  Partly, yes. Pharmacies are required to accept various discount cards (at a loss) by their PSAO, who only requires them to accept them because the PSAO gets kickbacks from the discount card companies. Meanwhile, while the discount card companies are wrecking pharmacies, they also data mine every single person that uses their app or card and then sells the info.

You must be a pharmacist!

Comment

Working...
                  X