Texas land prices

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RMW View Post
    We purchased 500 aces northwest of Katy back in 2001 for 1400.00 per acre, the neighbor just sold his 300 acres for 30,000.00 per acre.
    Sounds like you are sitting on a gold mine.

Comment

In the end it's all worth it . .

Comment

Texas is undergoing rapid changes in real estate. These changes may be good for some, but outdoors men and women who love hunting and the iconic views of nature untouched by urban development that characterized this state for so long are finding that experience less and less available. For the last seven years over half a million people moved to Texas each year, and the number per year is overall increasing. I don’t need to tell you that urban sprawl and subdivisions have been replacing rural land at a hyper accelerated rate because I know you’ve already seen it. Just as bad is the overwhelming trend of subdividing large ranches into small “ranchettes.” For any landowner who has thought they purchased a great property with good hunting, solitude, and serene views of nature, having any of the aforementioned developments occur on a bordering property is a nightmare. Sounds of nature are replaced with those of human activities, and views of nature are replaced by man made structures and absence of wildlife as habitat fragmentation and hunting pressure drives biodiversity and quantity down. And not only are these properties becoming fewer in number, but real estate prices overall are rising dramatically. So now that experience is completely out of reach for many people and future generations. Even finding a good lease is becoming impossible. In many western states, people have the option of buying an inholding or at least bordering property to national forest land or a national park. It doesn’t solve all the problems, but at least you don’t have to worry about your neighboring property being developed, and you could hunt on public land. In Texas, we don’t even have that option.

Comment

Like your style, weekly drafts into 500 index and let it do its thing.

Originally posted by Anteloper View Post
          If you do the math a 500 index fund getting an average of > 13% return over 10 years will match or beat any of these inflated land values. Yea you can hunt on them but the management fee is nothing and your money is also readily available if you need it.

Comment

Originally posted by Longue Carabine View Post
            Texas is undergoing rapid changes in real estate. These changes may be good for some, but outdoors men and women who love hunting and the iconic views of nature untouched by urban development that characterized this state for so long are finding that experience less and less available. For the last seven years over half a million people moved to Texas each year, and the number per year is overall increasing. I don’t need to tell you that urban sprawl and subdivisions have been replacing rural land at a hyper accelerated rate because I know you’ve already seen it. Just as bad is the overwhelming trend of subdividing large ranches into small “ranchettes.” For any landowner who has thought they purchased a great property with good hunting, solitude, and serene views of nature, having any of the aforementioned developments occur on a bordering property is a nightmare. Sounds of nature are replaced with those of human activities, and views of nature are replaced by man made structures and absence of wildlife as habitat fragmentation and hunting pressure drives biodiversity and quantity down. And not only are these properties becoming fewer in number, but real estate prices overall are rising dramatically. So now that experience is completely out of reach for many people and future generations. Even finding a good lease is becoming impossible. In many western states, people have the option of buying an inholding or at least bordering property to national forest land or a national park. It doesn’t solve all the problems, but at least you don’t have to worry about your neighboring property being developed, and you could hunt on public land. In Texas, we don’t even have that option.
            What was your source for this?

Comment

One of tge biggest reasons we moved to Idaho. Looking at a public mountain leaning against my truck in my driveway as i type this.

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

Comment

I hope it starts going down. This is ridiculous!!

Comment

Originally posted by BuckSmasher View Post
                  One of tge biggest reasons we moved to Idaho. Looking at a public mountain leaning against my truck in my driveway as i type this.

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk
                  We may be moving ourselves if this **** in texas continues to go downhill, I've got some family that has already moved to northern colorado

Comment

Originally posted by Burnadell View Post
                    What was your source for this?
                    My brain, and the stats came from the Census Bureau
                    Last edited by Longue Carabine; 04-20-2021, 08:18 PM.

Comment

I just got the appraisal for my 20 acres in central TX. It was $88K in 2019, then went up to $118K last year, then this year it went back down to $98K. I found that interesting with nothing about the land changing.

Comment

I wouldn’t mind it going down as I’m looking for commercial land also.

Comment

Originally posted by tonyguitarguy View Post
                          Heres an example. My friend is selling .4 of an acre south of San Antonio in a small town. She just got in contract with a guy paying her 60k! Her other piece of land is .6 and she just listed it for 50k and im sure itll go.

Has me considering selling my 1.8 acres for 80k after buying it for 55k last year.
                          Update on her property, it is now under contract for the 50k!

Comment

I have been looking for a largish retirement property for the past couple of years. The number of such properties has seemed to decrease noticeably during that time. It's making me antsy, feeling like I need to act soon.

Comment

Originally posted by AZ&F'sDaddy View Post
                              I have been looking for a largish retirement property for the past couple of years. The number of such properties has seemed to decrease noticeably during that time. It's making me antsy, feeling like I need to act soon.
                              Still out there. But fewer and the price has sky rocketed. There was never the right time for me to buy another piece of property, now I can’t afford nearly the amount of acres for the same $sum.

Got a friend selling a nice raw tract just south of Brownwood.
                              Wish I could afford it.

Comment

Working...
                              X