Small brass catcher for AR rifle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Small brass catcher for AR rifle

Anyone know of a brass catcher for an ar-type rifle that doesn't look like a circus tent? I use my rifle for hunting, and would prefer to collect my brass for reloading, but I often lose the brass just in grass or brush or whatever. Only need to catch one or two shots.

I use the Caldwell also. I doesn't get in the way much.

Comment

My wife bought me that one a while back, I like it much better than the other one I have. I had drawn one up very close to that Caldwell, planned on making it when I had time. I described it to my wife one day. Then sometime later she bought me one of those Caldwell brass catchers. Most of the design is very close to what I came up with. Makes it a lot easier, to just buy one.
      Last edited by RifleBowPistol; 10-24-2021, 08:00 PM.

Comment

Caldwell here to. Works great.

Comment

Brass catchers with advanced features for Military, police, competition, and hunting for use in dynamic environments.

These are quite a bit more expensive, but easy to move from gun to gun. Easy to get to the ejection port. Fold down. Not for everyone, but its what i use. Lapua brass gets expensive to lose, and on many ranges, rangemaster has to see the empty chamber.

Comment

The Brass Goat, by Magwell Mounts. It's the only ones I use now. https://brassgoat.com/

Comment

Great info here, I have been thinking about this myself lately.

Comment

Brass Goat. Works great.

Comment

I use the caldwell

Comment

Thanks!

Comment

I like the looks of that Brass Goat. At the very least I could use it without the hopper and the brass would be deflected down to my feet or to the floor area of the Mule.

Comment

Originally posted by Brute Killer View Post
                        I like the looks of that Brass Goat. At the very least I could use it without the hopper and the brass would be deflected down to my feet or to the floor area of the Mule.
                        You can do the same thing with the caldwell. Just leave the zipper open.

Comment

I also use the Caldwell and it works very well.

Comment

BTW there are 2 versions of the Caldwell. One attaches to the rifle using velcro. The other is 2 piece. A mount attaches to the rifle and the catcher slides onto the mount. Separate mounts are available. I have 5 mounts and 1 brass catcher for the various ARs I shoot.

Comment

Working...
                            X