lets talk iron sites

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

lets talk iron sites

Marlin 30-30 and want to put a good set of iron sites on it. have the stock ones and want hi visibility. Going to be my brush/stalk hunting gun. Any recommendations?

Big peep sight should do the trick

Comment

Xs sight systems... Ghost site.

We manufacture the best night sights, sight installation tools, ghost rings, AR BUIS, shotgun beads, and optic mounts for all your favorite gun brands.

Comment

The Skinner peep sights are nice too.

Also look at the Williams Fire Sights.

Todd

Comment

Originally posted by BoneDigger View Post
          The Skinner peep sights are nice too.

Also look at the Williams Fire Sights.

Todd
          Once in a while Todd gets something right! I like the Williams, and have one on my lever gun.

Comment

peeps

I had these on my marlin 30-30.

Machined from Solid Bar stock, Skinner Sights offers improved function, durability, and appearance over factory sights. Specializing in Peep Sights - Aperture sights. Check out our innovative and expanding sights, optics and accessories product lines.

I have these on my 45-70

Larry

Comment

I have a skinner peep on my 45-70. Fast on target and your eye naturally centers the front sight post.

If you mount a hog light on the side kinda high up so it splashes a little light on the front sight, it is good for hogs at night.

Comment

I hear Skinner sights are the way to go. Just my 2 cents.

Comment

Skinner Peeps & Done

Comment

[emoji20]

Comment

Fiber optic front, peep style rear.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Good peeps work very well. It's what I was trained on in the Army and I could hit man sized targets at 550 meters with the 7.62 M-14.
                        However I grew up hunting with an old gun that had buckhorn rear and fine bead front and I still prefer it today for shooting smaller targets at distance.

Comment

Skinner and XS sights are both good, and sturdy. The Williams Foolproof sights are also precise, a little more bulky, but offer a lot more adjustment,(if that matters) The XS white stripe front sights are good, and all steel. The fiber optic front sights by Williams and Marbles offer better visibility but are a bit more fragile. I use the XS sights and the Williams on a couple of of lever guns, and use the fiber optic front sights. Get the threaded aperture for the XS sight, and you can use Williams apertures in it, and select the size you like.

Comment

Another vote for Williams. Been using them for years.

Comment

Working...
                            X