Rodent Baits Going Away

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rodent Baits Going Away

If the EPA passes their proposed changes, access to all rodent baits will be severely limited. If baits are designated as a Restricted Use Pesticide, a license will be required to purchase, and records kept of the use of those products. No more buying packs of Tomcat, etc. at Walmart or the feed store. Voice your concerns with EPA by following the QR code link in the attached article.

That article is contradictory. It says it will make all rodenticides restricted use, (meaning you must be licensed as a CA or working under a CA) but also says it's only making things harder for us with licenses while still allowing homeowners to buy and apply.
    Both of those can't be true.

As a freedom loving libertarian, I'm almost mildly conflicted. Lots of misuse of rodenticides and pesticides are problematic, and restricted use designations would likely benefit my industry, however the government stepping in and limiting a citizen from the tools to solve their own problems makes me angry.

Comment

there seems to be no end at how our government will tell us how to live

Comment

The guberment just informed me that I must fill in dips in the concrete of our dairy…. You know. Cause we pour milk on the floor and vacuum it up and all. I also must remove a manure pile outside. They are fine to walk in it…. But you don’t want cattle to see it…. Again. Because we pour milk on the pile and then filter it out. Stupid $&&%#ers

Comment

wth?

Comment

Guess I better stock up, never a shortage of rodents at the ranch.

Comment

I’d like to know how many pounds a 3 ounce mouse has to eat before tomcat kills it.

Comment

Originally posted by Voodoo View Post
                I’d like to know how many pounds a 3 ounce mouse has to eat before tomcat kills it.

ha, not sure tomcat even knows!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by MRWHITE87 View Post
                  That article is contradictory. It says it will make all rodenticides restricted use, (meaning you must be licensed as a CA or working under a CA) but also says it's only making things harder for us with licenses while still allowing homeowners to buy and apply.
                  Both of those can't be true.

As a freedom loving libertarian, I'm almost mildly conflicted. Lots of misuse of rodenticides and pesticides are problematic, and restricted use designations would likely benefit my industry, however the government stepping in and limiting a citizen from the tools to solve their own problems makes me angry.
                  Agree with what you've said, but if they are relisted as RUP, they can't be sold in regular retail outlets w/o a license. Editor/author missed that one. Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                  X