No announcement yet.

2022 Thermal and Night Vision thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I heard 5 companies are coming out with new thermals next Tuesday. Curious to see

Comment

Do you have more details on the companies?

Comment

Originally posted by russ_wit91084 View Post
        Do you have more details on the companies?
        No my buddy I hunt with just told me he heard it on a podcast this morning

I do know, in the past new thermals come out about this time.

Comment

Originally posted by gingib View Post
          I heard 5 companies are coming out with new thermals next Tuesday. Curious to see
          Shot show starts this weekend which is when most drop their new products. Pulsar already announced they are going to have a LRF on some of the Thermions. Super excited to see what else comes out.

Comment

I have a Thermion and like it, but it is heavy. I would also like a LRF on it. But dang, I bet that thing would be a brick. Looks like they added it above the objective from the picture I saw (if legit).

Comment

Originally posted by Jethro View Post
              I have a Thermion and like it, but it is heavy. I would also like a LRF on it. But dang, I bet that thing would be a brick. Looks like they added it above the objective from the picture I saw (if legit).
              It looks funny for sure lol. I have no need for an LRF, I hope they have some other fun stuff to anounce.
              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Fordnandez View Post
                It looks funny for sure lol. I have no need for an LRF, I hope they have some other fun stuff to anounce.
                They’re bringing the FXG50 clip on to the Us market as well.

Comment

Just a poor boy with a PVS14 and a dream [emoji16].

But plan on participating in this thread.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Yea LRF does nothing for me! Just another worthless add on to raise price

Comment

Originally posted by dustoffer View Post
                      Can't say about humidity, but I do know that it doesn't perform well in even light fog--
                      Next time you have an opportunity, would you mind sharing a picture of what you mean?

I have the Thor 4 4-40x and it's a beautiful picture on days and nights below say 70%, but above that, and the picture gets hazy.

Sent from my ASUS_I002D using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Take em View Post
                        The rain will distort the clarity of the image you have. You will be able to see there is something there but you won’t be able to focus the image. Heavy fog does the same and harder to “look” through

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
                        It looks like about what mine does when it's raining, (Thor 4 4-40x) just when the humidity gets high that it starts to get hazy and hard to make out different things in the background. Anything alive is still very obvious.

My Dad has the trijicon Mark 3 and a Halo LR. The trijicon looks identical to the ATN in the high humidity conditions but the halo with the contrast enhancement can see through the humidity until it hits about 90 to 95%.

So I was just trying to decide whether to sell my ATN and buy a pulsar. But if the image is no better I don't want to go through all that hassle and time.

Comment

Originally posted by gingib View Post
                          Yea LRF does nothing for me! Just another worthless add on to raise price
                          I think that very few people actually need it, they just want it because it is cool or like the idea of it which I get since none of us really need any of this stuff we drop thousands of dollars on but it sure is fun lol.

Comment

I think that very few people actually need it, they just want it because it is cool or like the idea of it which I get since none of us really need any of this stuff we drop thousands of dollars on but it sure is fun lol.
                            Does the laser rangefinder on the pulsar not update the impact point of the crosshair?

I have the laser range finder for my ATN Thor 4 and when you range a target, the ballistic calculator in the scope updates the crosshair.

If the pulsar does not do this, it's going to be even harder for me to go to a pulsar versus what I have...

Comment

Originally posted by ATI View Post
                              Anyone got any videos using an AGM Rattle ts35,
                              1. How do you like it
                              2. If you can, Please post distance and other details about the video.

Thanks!
                              No videos, but I purchased one last year and really like it! Got it from Outdoor Legacy sponsors on here. Called them and discussed recommendations and suggestions. Very helpful and very quick shipping. I would recommend the scope and seller again.

Comment

Originally posted by static99899 View Post
                                Does the laser rangefinder on the pulsar not update the impact point of the crosshair?

I have the laser range finder for my ATN Thor 4 and when you range a target, the ballistic calculator in the scope updates the crosshair.

If the pulsar does not do this, it's going to be even harder for me to go to a pulsar versus what I have...

From what I understand the answer is no. Also from what I understand is the ATN feature is not very accurate. I have no personal experience with it but I am not sure how it could be accurate because you never enter in your caliber, bullet weight, bullet coefficient, barrel length, etc.

Edit: It appears I was misinformed and on some models you can enter in this information. With that said I still read that the function is not dependable.
                                Last edited by Fordnandez; 01-14-2022, 05:22 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X