Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by perow View Post
          Interesting

Comment

Wonderful

Comment

I'll be out tomorrow and Wednesday scouting! Looking forward to this. Weather looks so so but hopefully we still get on some monsters!

Comment

If everyone gets setup early enough how about a lunch meet up on Thursday

Comment

I'm down.

Comment

Originally posted by troy_w_7 View Post
                    I'm down.

I will probably run into you Wednesday, I am going to do some last minute glassing from the roads

Comment

I will probably run into you Wednesday, I am going to do some last minute glassing from the roads
                      I planned to maybe do some Tues or Wed final scouting as well, but I think I like your approach of road glassing better since it will keep the bucks less disturbed by not walking around in their areas. Good idea.

Comment

Originally posted by Buccaneer View Post
                        I planned to maybe do some Tues or Wed final scouting as well, but I think I like your approach of road glassing better since it will keep the bucks less disturbed by not walking around in their areas. Good idea.
                        Yes sir-we know of some areas that bucks have been bedded lately and don’t want to put a lot of pressure even though we will be in the areas on Thursday

Comment

Almost home and get some stuff loaded-head north mid morning tomorrow

Comment

Unfortunately, I know nothing of the area. Today was the first time I set foot out there. I probably should have made a trip prior but I was waiting for the sign to be laid down and I've been hunting hard and couldn't make myself get up there before now. I put 5.5 miles in. Found plenty of sign, number of spots pinned. I came across one of the largest sheds I've ever seen. Tons of skulls and bones from deer and pigs. Also, horse apples everywhere! I also came across a buck skull that had the antlers cut off. I wonder if the rangers do that when they find dead heads maybe? Tons of fresh tracks after all the rain so I know they are in there. Biggest tracks were right by the parking.

Quite a few scrapes but only a few had been freshly worked. I will be back out tomorrow to solidify entry/exit routes and make sure I have plenty of backup spots. I wish I knew where everyone was going to go so I can go ahead and eliminate spots but I guess we'll find out Thursday.

There was one truck parked next to me, a black Chevy? Or maybe Dodge? I can't remember; I was in the silver ford F150.

Comment

Here are some pics.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by troy_w_7 View Post
                                Unfortunately, I know nothing of the area. Today was the first time I set foot out there. I probably should have made a trip prior but I was waiting for the sign to be laid down and I've been hunting hard and couldn't make myself get up there before now. I put 5.5 miles in. Found plenty of sign, number of spots pinned. I came across one of the largest sheds I've ever seen. Tons of skulls and bones from deer and pigs. Also, horse apples everywhere! I also came across a buck skull that had the antlers cut off. I wonder if the rangers do that when they find dead heads maybe? Tons of fresh tracks after all the rain so I know they are in there. Biggest tracks were right by the parking.

Quite a few scrapes but only a few had been freshly worked. I will be back out tomorrow to solidify entry/exit routes and make sure I have plenty of backup spots. I wish I knew where everyone was going to go so I can go ahead and eliminate spots but I guess we'll find out Thursday.

There was one truck parked next to me, a black Chevy? Or maybe Dodge? I can't remember; I was in the silver ford F150.

I was out there this morning and saw a shooter 8pt. Lots of fresh tracks in the mud everywhere. Warm and windy from the south today like it will be Friday. Not excited about that. Flushed more wood ducks than I’ve ever seen before in the swamp, which was really cool.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X