No announcement yet.

Public Draw Hunt Changes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wish you guys would have put having draws more at the start of season. The late draws are ridiculous.

Comment

You can modify it how you want and still send it, guys/gals.

Comment

Originally posted by Kirby86 View Post
        Just got an email from Texas Parks & Wildlife with a draw hunt survey. It has a blank for in put. Good place to put your recommendations for change. I did.

Comment

Originally posted by Voodoo View Post
          I believe in residents only for all state lands and no resident preference for federal, nationwide.
          There certainly is enough residents vying for a tag that we don’t need nonresidents entering. Allowing nonresidents demonstrates it’s a money grab.

Comment

Originally posted by T-roy66 View Post
            Just got an email from Texas Parks & Wildlife with a draw hunt survey. It has a blank for in put. Good place to put your recommendations for change. I did.

I got the email also. Done filled it out.

Comment

Originally posted by Hunteraudit View Post
              There certainly is enough residents vying for a tag that we don’t need nonresidents entering. Allowing nonresidents demonstrates it’s a money grab.
              The issue with resident only is that other states may decide to limit Texas residents on their draws. Kansas was resident only for many years. I think it was threats from other states that finally opened it up, but that's just my observation. Not based on any actual statement from KS.

Comment

So did this fall on deaf ears Kirb?, draw hunts are out and I can't tell if there have been any changes made but don't think they did.

Comment

Originally posted by SC-001 View Post
                  So did this fall on deaf ears Kirb?, draw hunts are out and I can't tell if there have been any changes made but don't think they did.
                  Pretty much. Got a copy and paste response that they didn't see the need for any changes.

And this is just anecdotal, but I've had 5 different people ask me questions about public hunts that they normally wouldn't have. Podcasts and social media are gonna have an impact, but it is what it is.

Comment

Tpwd is asleep at the wheel. Soon there will be gnashing and grinding of teeth about how far license sales have fallen.

Comment

Originally posted by RockTippedStick View Post
                      I wish they would raise the app cost to $5 per entry.
                      Cap entries to 3 apps per category.
                      And require everyone to purchase the APH(public) permit $48 before entering any apps.

Seriously? I don't want to give TPWD more money when I see little return from them.
                      Maybe NR but not Texas residents.

Comment

Originally posted by RockTippedStick View Post
                        I wish they would raise the app cost to $5 per entry.
                        Cap entries to 3 apps per category.
                        And require everyone to purchase the APH(public) permit $48 before entering any apps.
                        Absolutely yes on 1 & #2, absolutely no on Blogs 4th stipulation need to be out of state applicants must purchase a texas hunting license before they can apply to ANY texas draw hunts, good for the goose good for the gander.

Comment

Originally posted by bossbowman View Post

Absolutely yes on 1 & #2, absolutely no on Blogs 4th stipulation need to be out of state applicants must purchase a texas hunting license before they can apply to ANY texas draw hunts, good for the goose good for the gander.
                          Most western states that require the purchase of a license to apply also have a hard quota for nonresidents meaning that residents only get a certain percentage of the tags in their primary draws. (typically 80-90% of the tags are reserved for residents)

Currently Texans can draw 100% of the tags because there's not a hard quota like other states.​ How would you like only 90% of the tags?

Comment

Where did I say institute a quota? No quota just require non residents to buy a hunting license before they can apply

Comment

Originally posted by bossbowman View Post
                              Where did I say institute a quota? No quota just require non residents to buy a hunting license before they can apply
                              I'm just saying if we require NRs to buy a license just to apply, a NR quota could be next. It's only fair to give NRs a guaranteed percentage of the hunts if we require them to put up more money to apply. That's what other states do for NRs.

Comment

Originally posted by bigchiefj View Post

I'm just saying if we require NRs to buy a license just to apply, a NR quota could be next. It's only fair to give NRs a guaranteed percentage of the hunts if we require them to put up more money to apply. That's what other states do for NRs.
                                Well if my aunt had nuts she'd be my uncle... so
                                Last edited by bossbowman; 07-09-2023, 01:09 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X