Hilltop Lakes 2017-2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hilltop Lakes 2017-2018

It is getting closer and closer with each hotter day to the 2017 opener! I just got off the phone with Scott Barnett and in our conversation he mentioned several members that hunt common areas have not fulfilled their work day obligation. Remember, if you hunt a common area, you must complete a work day to continue be able to hunt that area. With that said, I can use some assistance next week at the cleaning station. I will be running power to the new water heater at the sink and can use some assistance digging the trench for the wire/pipe. If you would like to get your work day out of the way, shoot me a PM.

On a different note, I have not been to the Hill since the first meeting and haven't hunted since opening weekend last season! I'm going to go out, survey the growth, fill feeders, install new batteries in cameras and feeders as well as get a line wet. If you happen to have some time free this coming week Wednesday or Thursday and would like to hang out and fish, let me know.

Best of luck this coming season and y'all be safe.

~Michael

Here...

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Comment

TTT

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320A using Tapatalk

Comment

Good luck to you guys this year. We used to have property out their until they started all the goofy rules on the lakes and guest.

Comment

Just left there today and man it was scorching hot. good luck this season

Comment

I filled my feeders out there a couple weeks ago.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Comment

Can someone explain to me what Hilltop Lakes is, I searched but the web page isn't working. I see post for it all the time but haven't been able to understand what it is or how it works.

Comment

Originally posted by JES View Post
                Can someone explain to me what Hilltop Lakes is, I searched but the web page isn't working. I see post for it all the time but haven't been able to understand what it is or how it works.
                Its a 5000 acre neighborhood near normangee TX. Its MLD and we get about 40 doe tags a year (we never fill them all and if we do we can get more). You buy a 1/4 acre lot that you can bow hunt. The stand must be elevated at least 6'. There is a nice cleaning station to use. You must attend at least 1 meeting a year and pay $75 a year to be part of the club to use the MLD tags. POA fees are $35 a month and taxes are around $80 a year. Lots range from free to $1000 typically (most are $300). Essentially its about a $500 a year doe lease (Lots of hogs too). There is an 18 hole golf course and 5 lakes for fishing too.

Comment

Originally posted by TXhoghunter94 View Post
                  Its a 5000 acre neighborhood near normangee TX. Its MLD and we get about 40 doe tags a year (we never fill them all and if we do we can get more). You buy a 1/4 acre lot that you can bow hunt. The stand must be elevated at least 6'. There is a nice cleaning station to use. You must attend at least 1 meeting a year and pay $75 a year to be part of the club to use the MLD tags. POA fees are $35 a month and taxes are around $80 a year. Lots range from free to $1000 typically (most are $300). Essentially its about a $500 a year doe lease (Lots of hogs too). There is an 18 hole golf course and 5 lakes for fishing too.
                  How many hunters are on it? Is everybody running feeders?

Comment

Originally posted by JES View Post
                    How many hunters are on it? Is everybody running feeders?
                    It varies, pretty much whoever owns a lot and pays the fees can hunt. Typically there are around 50-60 if I remember correctly. A lot of those though will rarely hunt it if at all (like myself). Just scout around and make sure you dont buy a lot close to another hunter. Most of the wooded lots are owned by people who never go out there and just own it as an investment. Most people use feeders.

Comment

Btw going up Saturday as I mentioned in my thread. Anywhere to buy feeder corn around there? Or should I just grab some from academy or such on the way up.

Comment

There are a couple of feed stores in Normangee but you need to check their hours before relying on them. Swearingen is one and there is another on the NE corner of 39 and Main Street.

Comment

Originally posted by TXhoghunter94 View Post
                          I filled my feeders out there a couple weeks ago.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Sent you a PM if you don't mind checking it.

Comment

Originally posted by Hooverfb View Post
                            Btw going up Saturday as I mentioned in my thread. Anywhere to buy feeder corn around there? Or should I just grab some from academy or such on the way up.
                            If coming up I45... get corn from bucees.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Comment

Good point, forgot about that bucees.

Comment

Working...
                              X