Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

This is why you don’t let your son hunt by himself.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I agree with others. Nice buck but nothing special. Wait for something better

Comment

Originally posted by DaveC View Post
      Might have had such a case of the shakes he knew better.
      Then played it cool retelling the story.

When my son was probably younger than yours we had the largest racked buck I've ever seen to date step out running a doe (in Splendora of all places- rank old twisty racked thick based buck) . I had my fingers in my ears ready for him to pull off a round.
      I asked why he didn't shoot? "the crosshairs wouldn't quit moving"
      LOL, good times..
      I really laughed at “the crosshairs wouldn’t quit moving”! Awesome!

Comment

I would commend him on it. He either was shaken and knew the shot wasn’t good so held
        Off, or he questioned wether or not that particular buck was a “shooter” and decided to take caution. Might have the makings of one heck of a hunter.

Comment

I don’t care what he does it just saved me from having to track and skin it. We have a few deer that are better but they always get broken up the last week of October. Here are some other pictures I pulled from the security camera I have at the stand. He had 7 bucks last night and 5 bucks this morning. He told me if he comes back I’ll shoot. He waited and he didn’t show up. I told him since your not coming next weekend I’ll kill him and we can check him for ground shrinkage.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

I didn't see a picture of what he passed on

Comment

How old is your son? Has he killed before? Is it possible that he does not really want to kill a beautiful animal but just hunts because his dad wants him to? My youngest shot an 8 point in Junction as a youth many years ago with me in the blind with him. He has not hunted since, and I found out later that he simply did not want to kill anything but didn’t have the heart to tell me because he knew I loved hunting. He is a tender soul.

Comment

Originally posted by Blessed to hunt View Post
                I didn't see a picture of what he passed on
                The first post.

Comment

Originally posted by Burnadell View Post
                  How old is your son? Has he killed before? Is it possible that he does not really want to kill a beautiful animal but just hunts because his dad wants him to? My youngest shot an 8 point in Junction as a youth many years ago with me in the blind with him. He has not hunted since, and I found out later that he simply did not want to kill anything but didn’t have the heart to tell me because he knew I loved hunting. He is a tender soul.

Or he learned aging from his Mom like my son and unless they are 12 they age them at 3….

Comment

He probably thought you were going to make him eat one of his nuts and figured he didn't want to do that today.

Comment

Originally posted by Burnadell View Post
                      Yep. I have pictures of ones I passed in Kansas. Later I got to thinking I messed up because their huge bodies made their racks look average,and the racks were larger than they appeared.
                      This same principle applies to fat chicks in a bar, I do not recommend taking “that shot” though

Comment

Originally posted by Playa View Post
                        This same principle applies to fat chicks in a bar, I do not recommend taking “that shot” though

I do!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Dang…. That’s a good looking deer

Comment

yeah lots of variables. how long since you had the last one, are there any better ones out there....is it closing time yet? Also is anyone going to find out?

Comment

Originally posted by HeyMikey View Post
                              I don't see the problem. It's a very nice deer, but not a once in a lifetime deer.
                              It would be for me.

Nice deer, but your son made a great decision that was probably hard to do. He didn't want to make a decision he would regret. Or... his heart was about to jump out of his chest...

Comment

Originally posted by klepdo View Post
                                This is the first year I’ve hunted by myself, I’ve been his guide for the last 10 years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                                After 10 years of guiding, is the problem the teacher or the student?

Comment

Working...
                                X