Permanent Archery Ground Blind

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Permanent Archery Ground Blind

Looks to get a solid shell archery ground blind, getting tire of pop-ups getting beaten up by weather and cattle. Anyone have any suggestions? I'm currently looking at the Maverick Ground Blinds at Midway and they look like what I'm after. Don't want to spend much more than that (about $900) but figure it will be a once in a life time, or really long time, buy.

Friend of mine also recommended Krivoman blinds, but they look like a bit more than what I want.

Anyone have any experience with any of these. Are they worth the money? I thought about building one out of lumber, but with the price of lumber these days this might be a better option.

Thanks.

I have a Krivoman and love it. Put it on a 5' platform and have killed several deer and pigs in it. Spent many a rainy day in it and stayed bone dry and in cold weather fire up the Mr. Buddy.

Comment

I have both Maverick and Krivo blinds. Krivo is worth the money. I am about to spend some money fixing the windows on the Mavericks. Krivo is just better built, sturdier, tighter etc.

Definitely put it on the platform. Getting yourself out of the line of sight of deer helps tremendously.

Comment

Krivo for the win!

Comment

I have both a Maverick and several Krivoman.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

I like how the maverick appears to be more transport friendly. Can anyone speak to that?

Comment

I had a Maverick and it wasn't very good. Windows did not fit property and wouldn't stay closed. It wasn't cheap price wise but was cheaply made. When we didn't get to renew our lease I just left it for the new land owners.

Comment

Maverick is good for your budget. Krivoman’s are better built but more expensive that what you’re wanting to pay. I hunt from both of them for years.

Comment

I built one out of plywood 15 years ago. 8'x8' and 6' tall. Why? Less cuts on lumber, less waste. It looks like I may have to build a new one soon, though. The weather and termites are finally getting to this.

Comment

Originally posted by Dusty Britches View Post
                    I built one out of plywood 15 years ago. 8'x8' and 6' tall. Why? Less cuts on lumber, less waste. It looks like I may have to build a new one soon, though. The weather and termites are finally getting to this.
                    How transportable was that blind? Sounds pretty heavy.

Comment

Originally posted by RUNNING BEAR View Post
                      I like how the maverick appears to be more transport friendly. Can anyone speak to that?
                      Depends on how far, where you want to transport. From one spot on the ranch to another, they are both easy to roll over and put in the back of the truck or on a flatbed trailer. The Maverick is a bit lighter, one guy can stand up in the middle of it and move it around easy. You can do the same with the Krivo but you're gonna strain a bit more. I have killed deer out of both.

Comment

Working...
                      X