Help me figure out my freak buck :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help me figure out my freak buck :)

After losing my frio county lease of 14 years I got on a new deer lease this season, very exiting so far! I set up my stands early summer and did my first card pull last week. This deer was the first buck on my card. My first thought was it looks like a Christmas tree on his head. He has been a regular and I love him more and more every time I look at his pics. What are y'all's thoughts?
    Up close

I've been texting my new buddy mike that hunts the pasture next to me sharing pics and he does not recognize him from last season... He did send me this pic of his deer from last year. It very well could be him?

What's the green screen thought? If that's him last year and he jumped that much in one season I couldn't imagine what he will do next season. How old is he?

Mike was showing me those pictures too. Cool deer. I think he's 3.

Comment

Probably a 4yr old this year and a cool buck

Comment

Do you have any recent pics of his right side or forward facing showing ears? I would be looking for the same nick in his lower right ear, will be dead giveaway.

Comment

Originally posted by tbgascorer View Post
          Do you have any recent pics of his right side or forward facing showing ears? I would be looking for the same nick in his lower right ear, will be dead giveaway.
          No, he's pretty shy of his normal side but good observation. I'll def look for that next pull

Comment

The dark spots on his rear could be the giveaway. I bet it's him. Need more pics. Freaky buck. He'll be fun to watch. Or shoot. Whatever you decide.

Comment

If that's the same buck from last year, he done blowed up! Wondering if he's really young or really old. We should study him a little longer ;-)

Comment

Seems like I remember reading some statistics years ago that bucks, on average, make their biggest jump percentage wise between their 3.5 and 4.5 year. If I remember correctly, the article I read mentioned that a deers skeletal structure is mostly grown by around 3.5 so more goes toward antler growth at 4.5. Maybe that's what you have here?

Comment

Originally posted by BolilloLoco View Post
                  The dark spots on his rear could be the giveaway. I bet it's him. Need more pics. Freaky buck. He'll be fun to watch. Or shoot. Whatever you decide.
                  This^^^^

Comment

That's him. Look at the road rash n his butt.

Comment

Best to put him on the wall

Comment

Not real old. Nice deer.

Comment

Originally posted by Preacher Man View Post
                          Seems like I remember reading some statistics years ago that bucks, on average, make their biggest jump percentage wise between their 3.5 and 4.5 year. If I remember correctly, the article I read mentioned that a deers skeletal structure is mostly grown by around 3.5 so more goes toward antler growth at 4.5. Maybe that's what you have here?
                          On the ranch where this deer lives, deer make their biggest jump between 4-5. The last 3 years of drought may be skewing things though.

Comment

Good looking animal.

Comment

Nice Buck. I would give him one more year to spread the genes. That's just me

Comment

Working...
                              X