Garmin depth finder quit showing depth

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SC-001 View Post
    If your positive the tranducer is turned on (there is a menu selection to turn on/turn off tranducer) check where the tranducer cable attaches to the unit, wiggle it, put some dielectric grease on it, look for corrosion. I've not had my tranducer connection corrode but have had my garmin power cable corrode where it goes into the graph and replaced it once and now its starting to do it again and may have to replace a third time. There is a little red o-ring that keep water from getting behind where you screw the garmin connection. If you take your graph on and off a bunch that ring often falls out and water gets in there I think causing the corrosion. Its also possible your tranducer cable is cut somewhere.
    Do you have a Perko switch? I had this problem because the power cable was always hot even though the unit was turned off. Installed a Perko switch and no longer had the problem.

Comment

Should just go to menu And look for transmit and you may have turned it off accidentally. I’ve had the same issue before.

Comment

I run garmin and I'm sure that you already reset it
        I tell you it helps me a lot electrical Grease. I put a little on the female side. It solves alot of problems for me.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Snowflake Killa View Post
          I tell you it helps me a lot electrical Grease. I put a little on the female side. It solves alot of problems for me.

You still talking about GPS connections?

Comment

Originally posted by JES View Post
            You still talking about GPS connections?
            Both sides not going to hurt a thing

Comment

Afraid to reset it. Do not want to lose all my waypoints. I just noticed some corrosion on on of the two wires that plug into the back of the unit. Gonna try some electrical grease. I still think somehow I accidentally turned the transducer off but can't figure out how to get to the right screen to see if it is on. Pushed all the the buttons trying to find it with no luck.

Comment

Originally posted by Deerfeeder View Post
                Afraid to reset it. Do not want to lose all my waypoints. I just noticed some corrosion on on of the two wires that plug into the back of the unit. Gonna try some electrical grease. I still think somehow I accidentally turned the transducer off but can't figure out how to get to the right screen to see if it is on. Pushed all the the buttons trying to find it with no luck.
                You have to have it in the water I believe pm sent

Comment

If you remove the unit each time you are done fishing (disconnecting the cable cluster) then I would check that connection and make sure none of the pins have been pushed back into the connector.

Comment

Originally posted by JES View Post
                    Be careful doing this if it has not been updated in a long time. I did this with mine and the unit locked up and was worthless after that. Out of warranty so Garmin wouldn’t do much.
                    You turned it off during the update process, seen this over and over.

I have electrical grease on mine, those garmins tend to be finicky.

Originally posted by Deerfeeder View Post
                    Do a soft reset not a hard reset, soft reset you will not lose gps coords or settings. To find the transmit in the menu download the user manual off garmins webstie and READ IT, its not that hard.

Comment

Originally posted by bossbowman View Post
                      You turned it off during the update process, seen this over and over.

I have electrical grease on mine, those garmins tend to be finicky.

Do a soft reset not a hard reset, soft reset you will not lose gps coords or settings. To find the transmit in the menu download the user manual off garmins webstie and READ IT, its not that hard.
                      Negative, it locked up during the update process. Unless the process takes over 24 hours to update. Don't make assumptions.

Comment

Working...
                      X