Custom Ruger M77 MKii?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Custom Ruger M77 MKii?

Have any of you guys ever built a custom or semi custom off a Ruger MK77 action? I’m having a bartlien carbon fiber barrel installed on one and a new McMillan game warden stock as well. I’m also getting a rail put on it so I can get rid of the crappy Ruger rings.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I love Rugers, but it isn't something that you ever see customized. I want to see the finished product.

Comment

Originally posted by silencer2011 View Post
      I love Rugers, but it isn't something that you ever see customized. I want to see the finished product.
      Ask and ye shall receive.

In a bit. Lol

I have one I had totally rebuilt. Sentimental rifle to me is why I did it cuz it shot like crap.

Bartlien barrel. McMillan sako classic. Timney trigger. Bedded. Swarovski Z8i. Optic isn’t on it. Currently in Austria. I’ll post pics in a bit.

Comment

Originally posted by Eastexhunt View Post
        Have any of you guys ever built a custom or semi custom off a Ruger MK77 action? I’m having a bartlien carbon fiber barrel installed on one and a new McMillan game warden stock as well. I’m also getting a rail put on it so I can get rid of the crappy Ruger rings.

For a bit of honest, harsh and free advice (probably worth less), I would sell the gun and get another action to build on. The actions are a little awkward to bed "properly" given their design and the front angled screw makes no sense either (well, at least to me). If you already bought an M77 specific stock then roll with it and good luck!

Comment

Well, heck--now looking forward to Matt's full report. Didn't know he was such a sentimental fella. :-).

Comment

Originally posted by RR 314 View Post
            For a bit of honest, harsh and free advice (probably worth less), I would sell the gun and get another action to build on. The actions are a little awkward to bed "properly" given their design and the front angled screw makes no sense either (well, at least to me). If you already bought an M77 specific stock then roll with it and good luck!

I know they are. I’m not doing the work myself. It’s more of a project just to try something different. You don’t see many rifles built off Ruger actions.

Comment

Originally posted by RR 314 View Post
              Well, heck--now looking forward to Matt's full report. Didn't know he was such a sentimental fella. :-).
              It’s not the easiest for sure. Mark Pharr did it. Not just any smith can do them correctly. A bunch WONT do them.

Comment

Originally posted by Eastexhunt View Post
                I know they are. I’m not doing the work myself. It’s more of a project just to try something different. You don’t see many rifles built off Ruger actions.

Cool! Good luck. Hope it turns out great!

Comment

[ATTACH]1032328[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]1032329[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]1032330[/ATTACH]

Comment

I did mine the same reason as Trophy8.

APR did a rebarrel and bedded the action to the factory wood stock. Also made it an AI. This thing is a hammer now and 2 for 2 this year.

This will eventually go into a McMillan game warden but for now how she sits.

Sierracharlie out....

Comment

Working...
                    X