Just saw the Obituaries

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just saw the Obituaries

And I wasn’t listed. What a blessing that is if you know what a blessing looks like. Just the mere fact that I get to live another day and my wife, children, and grandchildren (2 in the military) are all safe and healthy is a huge distraction from the world events all around me. I pray for all those that can’t check all of these boxes and thank God that I can. Now is the time to reach out to your family and tell them how much you love them if you haven’t in a while. Now is the time to tell you children how proud you are of them if you haven’t done that in a while. Life is precious and God has made no promises for tomorrow so we should live today as maybe our last. God bless you all.

Amen. Happy Friday!

Comment

Yes Sir! Woke up & saw the ceiling! The mornin started good!!

Comment

yep , top side of the grass is always a good thing .

Comment

I'm upright and I'm still sucking air.... it's a great day!

Comment

Amen. Y’all have a good one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Well just got a phone call. A life long friend of mine was transported to the hospital in Tyler on full oxygen yesterday after testing positive for COVID. His wife and MIL are positive as well but doing ok for now. He is refusing to go on a ventilator at this time. This man is as tough as nails and always lived life to its fullest. Every day is precious guys. I’m out.

Comment

Amen brother.

Comment

AMEN Brother!

Comment

It doesn't get bumped that often these days but this is a very Eternal Flame-esque post.

Comment

Gumbo Man, you're new around here but you sure have had a positive impact on this community so far! I personally thank you for that. I'm real sorry to hear about your friends situation. I pray the Lord will indeed give him the strength he needs to fight through this spawn of Satan we know as Covid-19... What saddens me and indeed makes me so angry sometimes I could just explode is the FACT that our gubment is actively driving a narrative that is detrimental to our brothers and sisters and fellow American Citizen's health. Our gubment's #1 task as a federal gubment is to protect it's people and they've not only failed in that, they have actively done things to kill us!!

I understand you either have or had a restaurant in the Livingston/Onalaska area... I had a place on the Lake for many years up 356... Would love to patronize your eatery, especially if you make a good gumbo!! Please do tell it's details if you still have it.
                      Welcome to the fire...
                      Charlie

Comment

Amen! We’re not staring at roots!

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
                          Gumbo Man, you're new around here but you sure have had a positive impact on this community so far! I personally thank you for that. I'm real sorry to hear about your friends situation. I pray the Lord will indeed give him the strength he needs to fight through this spawn of Satan we know as Covid-19... What saddens me and indeed makes me so angry sometimes I could just explode is the FACT that our gubment is actively driving a narrative that is detrimental to our brothers and sisters and fellow American Citizen's health. Our gubment's #1 task as a federal gubment is to protect it's people and they've not only failed in that, they have actively done things to kill us!!

I understand you either have or had a restaurant in the Livingston/Onalaska area... I had a place on the Lake for many years up 356... Would love to patronize your eatery, especially if you make a good gumbo!! Please do tell it's details if you still have it.
                          Welcome to the fire...
                          Charlie
                          Thankyou sir for your comments. I did not join this forum to promote my business nor do I want to violate any forum rules but would love to meet each and every one of you personally. I think. LOL. I hope I am not in violation and sure don’t want to be sent to the cooler but I own LeBlancs Cajun Kitchen out on old 190 ( fm 2457) by the lake. Maybe we could host a TBH lunch or dinner one day and have some good old fashion outdoor fellowship.

Comment

Just saw the Obituaries

Terry, your post is dead on fact. We just lost our county judge yesterday and he was as healthy as a mule and took all precautions.
                            He was also a pastor at one of the local churches, but like you said, if you wake up on the top of the grass you need to thank God for blessing you one more time.
                            I’m at the age that I don’t take one breath for granted, I thank
                            Him several times a day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Buckshot4900 View Post
                              Terry, your post is dead on fact. We just lost our county judge yesterday and he was as healthy as a mule and took all precautions.
                              He was also a pastor at one of the local churches, but like you said, if you wake up on the top of the grass you need to thank God for blessing you one more time.
                              I’m at the age that I don’t take one breath for granted, I thank
                              Him several times a day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                              Thankyou sir. And sorry for your communities loss as well as his families loss.

Comment

Working...
                              X