No announcement yet.

Where did you meet your SO..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Met my wife in 7th grade she was in 6th. Off and on till senior year. We got married after she graduated HS. Had a baby on the way. Been married 28 years. 46 years old

Comment

Famersonly.com. No joke. Been married 3 1/2 years.

Comment

Both were working at KMart in Orange Tx. That was 1988. Got married in 1989. Been together ever since.

Comment

I've never met my Sheriff's Officer....

When we go to God by prayer, the devil knows we go to fetch strength against him, and therefore he opposeth us all he can.

R. Sibbes

Comment

We met in Church. Married 20 years

Comment

Blind date set up by my ex-inlaws neighbor. She was supposed to set her up with my ex-BIL (who's still my best friend today) but he was dating someone so she set her up with me instead. She had tickets to a Stars game. If it were today I would've turned it down but I actually liked pro sports back then.[emoji35]
              2 years later we married. Christmas day will be 26 years. God is, indeed, good!

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Met mine while bar hopping lower Greenville on a night when both of us were on dates with other people. First noticed each other at a bar called The Basement where everyone would go for early cheap happy hour drinks. Then a couple of hours later we bumped into each other at Confetti’s. My pick up line was something epic and creative…like “didn’t I just see you in The Basement”?

The rest (33 years this month) is history. She sure is a lucky gal. 😜

Comment

we met the first day of high school....married after college....still married after 52 years.....

Comment

Newspaper ad looking for love in 1997.
                    Wow, 7 pages and I'm the first to have met my wife through a newspaper ad !?
                    She was in a town an hour+ away, so we spent almost 2 months chatting on the phone in the evenings before we ever found out what the other looked like. Quite backwards, but it has found us married for 23 years.

Comment

Tulsa, Oklahoma - 27 years

Comment

Center, Texas 47 years in Dec.

Comment

Originally posted by NMStickFlinger3 View Post
                          This is absolutely the best thread i have ever read!!! God works in some amazing ways!!!!
                          Well, let me verify this. In 1983, I moved my wife and daughter to Lake Fork so that I could be a fishing guide. I fished every spare minute that I had. Went to church and met new people. At some point ,my wife became unhappy and decided that I wasn’t giving her the attention she required. She had an affair with the youth director at the church we attended. We divorced, he divorced his wife,and it was what it was. 9 years later, I came off the water and his ex was working at the marina where I launched. She asked me out. Had a blast!! In 1995, I was in Tucson, Arizona at the PSE school, and called her and told her that if she would move her stuff into my house, that I would marry her when I came home. She was able to attend my Bassmaster Classic appearance for 2 years in a row as my wife. Been a great 26 years.

Comment

Blind date, her sister set us up.
                            Married for 51 years in August.

Comment

Met in math class in 7th grade and went to the same church/Wednesday night youth group.

Married 15 years next month.

Comment

Originally posted by rocky View Post
                                Well, let me verify this. In 1983, I moved my wife and daughter to Lake Fork so that I could be a fishing guide. I fished every spare minute that I had. Went to church and met new people. At some point ,my wife became unhappy and decided that I wasn’t giving her the attention she required. She had an affair with the youth director at the church we attended. We divorced, he divorced his wife,and it was what it was. 9 years later, I came off the water and his ex was working at the marina where I launched. She asked me out. Had a blast!! In 1995, I was in Tucson, Arizona at the PSE school, and called her and told her that if she would move her stuff into my house, that I would marry her when I came home. She was able to attend my Bassmaster Classic appearance for 2 years in a row as my wife. Been a great 26 years.
                                Great story! Bass fisherman are hard to love![emoji1787][emoji56][emoji111]

Comment

Working...
                                X