Parents Who Ruin Their Kids

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Parents Who Ruin Their Kids

My son plays on a travel baseball team that gets better and better each tournament. One of the players on the team quit this week. He's an impressive ball player but his parents have been kicked off of the grounds frequently for acting a fool. Looked up dad and he's done some time. He acts like a convict when given the chance. Hate to see how his behavior affects his son.

If he's got any sense at all it won't affect him negativity. Maybe he'll see how his dad is acting and think "man that's embarrassing. My dad acts like an idiot." In turn he won't act that way. That may be why he quit. Now his dad's probably acting that way towards him at home.

Comment

Sounds like a lot of baseball parents to me.

Comment

Several sons and decades of AAU Basketball ; it got old .

Comment

Originally posted by okrattler View Post
          If he's got any sense at all it won't affect him negativity. Maybe he'll see how his dad is acting and think "man that's embarrassing. My dad acts like an idiot." In turn he won't act that way. That may be why he quit. Now his dad's probably acting that way towards him at home.
          He’s a kid, he’s going to pick up on behaviors both intentionally and unintentionally. I’m sure we’ve all had our moments where we find ourselves doing something we hated our fathers doing.

Comment

Heck of a lot more than this 1 family.

Comment

Originally posted by BigRed323 View Post
              Sounds like a lot of baseball parents to me.
              Unfortunately the stereotype is there for a reason.
              Sad for the kid having to deal with stupid parents

Comment

How old are the kids?

Comment

Originally posted by slayr View Post
                  He’s a kid, he’s going to pick up on behaviors both intentionally and unintentionally. I’m sure we’ve all had our moments where we find ourselves doing something we hated our fathers doing.
                  Can't say I have. I guess I'm different in that I've always paid close attention to what others have done and if I knew it was wrong I didn't follow in their path. I've always followed in the footsteps of people that I looked up to. My dad also acted like an idiot when I was a child. He wasn't no hero of mine.

Comment

Went to my nephews little league game awhile back. Realized nothings changed since I was a kid. Parents yelling at each other. Coach got thrown out for cheating and cursing in front of the kids. It was ridiculous

Comment

I've seen several parents over the years who IMHO are their kid's biggest problem when it comes to baseball. Its a shame when parents can't see that they can't relive their own lives through their kids.

Comment

Hopefully he will find a good roll model in his future.

Comment

Thats why I took a lawn chair and sat past the dugout. I dont have the patience to deal with parents

Comment

I don't recall my dad ever doing anything I thought was stupid or out of line. He's been gone over 30 years and I miss him every day. He was a good man...happy fathers day

Comment

Come on man! Little Johnny is pro material. Major league scouts have been watching him since tball.

Comment

Working...
                              X