No announcement yet.

Bad work environment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One pain in the butt co-worker doesn't necessarily equate to a "toxic" work environment. Is there more going on or is it just this guy?

If possible but some distance between you and this guy. Not sure what you could do to "fix" the situation but I wouldn't let one bad apple push me out of my job.

Comment

Have a chat with your supervisor and let them know that you were having a bad day and your frustrations bubbled over.

If they are worth their salt, they've been there and know how it is. Let them know that from this point on, anything worth the time will be discussed with them and only with them, and everything else will be shrugged off your shoulders and you will keep your nose to the grind and give them everything you've got.

If they aren't worth their salt and have an issue still, give em all you've got while seeking greener pastures elsewhere, because it probably isn't a place you want to be at long term

Comment

Poeple dont know how to keep things to themselves anymore that were said in confidence so I try to keep my mouth shut as much as possible. Worst thing about all of it when what you say gets passed around only about 50% is what you actually said and/or context/tone is lost.

Comment

Originally posted by Dusty Britches View Post
          ^^^ Ditto.

Backstabbers are everywhere and they will use the knife in your back to climb the ladder.

If you have a complaint, think about it. If it is worthy to talk face to face with your boss or your boss's boss, then talk only to them about it. If it is not, then keep your mouth shut.

Solid advice here.

Comment

It seems more people are like that than not. I hear about it constantly. I don't even mention things about my employees around my other employees, it's like the 7th grade around here....I can't imagine what a big office setting would be like.

Show up on time, work hard, act nice, go home.

Comment

i just start my own rumors about myself.

Comment

Originally posted by Stites_Bites View Post
                And to top it off he doesn’t even work with the company full-time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                Sounds like he is trying to by taking your job. Now you know where you stand. Better to know your enemies than have them lurking in the shadows.

Comment

Originally posted by BigCountry101 View Post
                  One pain in the butt co-worker doesn't necessarily equate to a "toxic" work environment. Is there more going on or is it just this guy?

If possible but some distance between you and this guy. Not sure what you could do to "fix" the situation but I wouldn't let one bad apple push me out of my job.

He’s just one I know about for sure. I think that my office manager who I have also voiced concerns with has started to spew a bit too much as well. I bring obvious problems to her attention and she equates that to me not being able to handle the environment.

To put it in perspective… I work 9-10 hour days and make less than others working 7. I’ve been here 2 years and they have been here less.

Just hate feeling as if I’m being taken advantage of.

Comment

Bryant,

You are going to run across a lot of fair weathered friends in the work place as the years go by & imagine it's even more rampant in your chosen field...best thing to do is use this as a life lesson & not run, but learn from it & spot them in the future. There is no perfect job & keeping most all the frustrations / venting away from co-workers is a pretty good practice.

Your true work ethic, attitude & value are showing itself to the people who matter...same will surface to those who are shallow & take life's short cuts to advance themselves.

Go about your duties & don't let that clown steal any more of your joy.

Comment

Originally posted by Stites_Bites View Post
                      He’s just one I know about for sure. I think that my office manager who I have also voiced concerns with has started to spew a bit too much as well. I bring obvious problems to her attention and she equates that to me not being able to handle the environment.

To put it in perspective… I work 9-10 hour days and make less than others working 7. I’ve been here 2 years and they have been here less.

Just hate feeling as if I’m being taken advantage of.

So im going to be blunt. As im in MGMT.

If your making less than the people working 7 hrs and you guys are on the same level then either you are not doing as good of a job as you think and MGMT notices it. Or if you know for sure you are doing a better job then those making more and are earning it. Then maybe you should move on as it sounds like you may not be appreciated by the company and there are always companies looking for hard workers.

All of my guys that gripe about wanting a raise etc. Do nothing more to warrant one. The guys that get raises seldom ever say a word about a raise and work their asses off so they get one. Its hard to get that into some peoples head.

I'm just being honest and trying to give you something to consider i know this doesn't address your OP but I'm responding to your statement above.
                      Last edited by dclifton; 07-08-2021, 09:24 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by dclifton View Post
                        So im going to be blunt. As im in MGMT.

If your making less than the people working 7 hrs and you guys are on the same level then either you are not doing as good of a job as you think and MGMT notices it. Or if you know for sure you are doing a better job then those making more and are earning it. Then maybe you should move on as it sounds like you may not be appreciated by the company and there are always companies looking for hard workers.

All of my guys that gripe about wanting a raise etc. Do nothing more to warrant one. The guys that get raises seldom ever say a word about a raise and work their asses off so they get one. Its hard to get that into some peoples head.

I'm just being honest and trying to give you something to consider i know this doesn't address your OP but I'm responding to your statement above.
                        This right here!

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                          It seems more people are like that than not. I hear about it constantly. I don't even mention things about my employees around my other employees, it's like the 7th grade around here....I can't imagine what a big office setting would be like.

Show up on time, work hard, act nice, go home.
                          This

Comment

I don't know which I dislike more; the constant *** kissers, or the "talk behind your back" folk. They're usually one in the same though.

Comment

Man... i could go on and on,,, but never discuss complaints, go out to bars, happy hour, gatherings with coworkers. Every company has them, but what you desribe is not a toxic workplace.

Comment

These folks will be everywhere you go. Just put your head down and your best foot forward.

Comment

Working...
                                X