Oops pork shoulder thawed too long

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oops pork shoulder thawed too long

Well accidentally left a mostly frozen pork shoulder out on the counter overnight approximately 10 hrs, still vacuum wrapped. Safe to eat? Threw it back in the fridge first thing this morning and just checked internal temp and it’s at 49. Doesn’t have a bad smell too it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

its fine

Comment

it's all good

Comment

Awesome, I’m cooking it regardless for myself. Only reason I’m second guessing it is for the others that are gonna eat it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Did you test the internal this morning before the fridge? That would have been the best clue..

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
            Did you test the internal this morning before the fridge? That would have been the best clue..

Good question, didn’t check, but I can’t imagine it got much cooler in the fridge for 4 hours this morning being such a big piece of meat. Felt cool to to the touch still.

Comment

I did the same thing superbowl weekend. Everyone ate it and they're still alive

Comment

Originally posted by ccbrown50 View Post
                Good question, didn’t check, but I can’t imagine it got much cooler in the fridge for 4 hours this morning being such a big piece of meat. Felt cool to to the touch still.

The best time to test is when you discover it......but yeah I think you'll be fine.

Comment

Itll be fine

Comment

We were thawing out a 22lb turkey the other day in the fridge upstairs. Somehow the door was left open by my son. Anyway I put it about 350 yards from the house looking to shoot a yote. Somehow my lab drug it into the yard the next morning. She was pretty proud of her find.

Comment

I’d cook it

Ac

Comment

Working...
                      X