Skin cancer ain’t no joke .

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Skin cancer ain’t no joke .

My father in law has had a small spot on top of his head giving him issues . Back in December he went in and had a small spot removed. It grew back fast and was larger . Got removed again . It back even faster and larger . So today the Dr cut him open instead of the PA . Took him down to the skull . He has Squamous Cell Carcinoma.

It’s the exact same skin cancer a co-worker had . He ended up having his lower lip completely removed and replaced with a skin transplant.

Any before pics? I think I need to see a dermatologist

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Dangit man... Scary nasty stuff for sure.. Skin cancer has killed a couple of my good friends lately and both were in their late 50's and both had it on their backs which spread to their spine and then to their brain..

Comment

Oh man, no joke is right.

Prayers for him and that they got it all this time.

J

Comment

Oh man, prayers for him. I too would love to see the before pictures. I'd like to know what to watch out for.

Comment

Originally posted by bowtecmike View Post
            Any before pics? I think I need to see a dermatologist

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Let me check and see if my wife has any of the before pictures.

Comment

It is not a joke and can easily come back. Had one on my shoulder they had to cut real deep on. Scared the crap out of me cause I had that thing for a year or 2 before getting it checked out. Going back soon for my 6 month look over. Grew up fishing with no protection.

Comment

This is a head from a very prominent member

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

He's really a badazz though

Comment

I know the first time they cut on him the growth was about the size of a pencil eraser . It started to grow pretty fast . The second time the cut him it was about the size of a dime but about 1/4 inch tall . The last time is was about the size of a quarter and 1/2 tall . This time the growth had not come back . The wound was still healing from the last surgery. The Dr didn’t like the lab results so she was aggressive and removed everything she possibly could . This picture is after the second time it was cut out . The first time I just look like a big mole .

Comment

Originally posted by Snowflake Killa View Post
                      He's really a badazz though

He’d be up a Drycreek if he wasn’t.

Comment

Yessir it is. My wife is a PA dermatology and is on my arse everyday about skin care. Those pictures are bad but but it can be much much worse. Trust me!!!!!!!
                        Last edited by txoutdoorsman24; 01-27-2023, 04:03 PM.

Comment

They also took off four other places on his hands,arm and chest . I’m not sure if those came back positive as skin cancer or not .

Comment

Originally posted by txoutdoorsman24 View Post
                            Yessir it is. My wife is a PA dermatology and is on my arse everyday about skin care. Those pictures are are but but it can be much much worse. Trust me!!!!!!!

Where does she work ? LaGrange,Hallettsville?

Comment

Originally posted by Keith View Post
                              Oh man, prayers for him. I too would love to see the before pictures. I'd like to know what to watch out for.
                              Depending on your complexion, if you notice new spots/freckles/blemishes on the anywhere on the skin. Skin cancer just doesn’t happen where the sun hits you!

Comment

Working...
                              X