Mesh wifi systems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mesh wifi systems

Anyone use one of these? We have a 3800sf house and have several dead areas. I am a tech idiot and dont know which one to buy. Thanks

Originally posted by CADDOKILLER View Post
    Anyone use one of these? We have a 3800sf house and have several dead areas. I am a tech idiot and dont know which one to buy. Thanks

Yes. I use Eero. I have full signal anywhere in my house plus good signal out by the pool/hot tub.

I have a base plus 3 beacons.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

We are using the Linksys Velop with 3 nodes and covering 3/4 of an acre area with no problems has both attached and unattached buildings

Comment

We use the Deco system. Our house is just shy of 6k square feet and we get excellent coverage on all three floors with just 3 pucks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Eero

Comment

Tag

Comment

We use ORBI and its great

Comment

Eero is what we have at home.

Comment

Ordering eero with 3 “extenders” for my house. Friends have all made the switch and completely got rid of dead spots in similar sized houses to yours

Comment

Yes. I am very pleased with my Netgear Nighthawk Mesh WiFi 6. It was a little rough before the last firmware update, but works very well now and on sale for $200 at Costco (1 Base and 2 Nodes).

I was not impressed with the Google Nest WiFi, returned it, and bought the TP Link Deco X60 (also WiFi 6) for my Mom’s house and am so far impressed (only had it a week). BTW, the only reason I didn’t buy another Nighthawk Mesh system is bec/ of prices of each at the time I bought it.

Comment

I hear great things about eero and orbi from people who have them. Just bought the eero pro system but haven’t set it up yet

Comment

Originally posted by zr2chevy22 View Post
                        We are using the Linksys Velop with 3 nodes and covering 3/4 of an acre area with no problems has both attached and unattached buildings

That’s what I have but 3 wouldn’t cut it so I bought another 2. One more would have probably done it but they didn’t sell them one at a time that I saw at Best Buy. Lots of walls and doors in between my media closet upstairs and the other side of my house. I also didn’t want them visible so I’ve got them behind closed doors in cabinets, pantry, and closets. Seems to be working well now that I don’t have people shutting my breakers off everyday working on my security system.

Comment

+1 for eero. 2900 square foot home on two levels. Base unit/router and 3 extenders. Works way better than our former Netgear router on its own. Simple as could be to set up.

Comment

I have the Google Mesh system with 3 stations. 3 years old and it is starting to slow down.

Thinking about switching to another system now.

Comment

I do it a little different. My house was wired with Co-Ax cable. The router supplied by my provider already had the ability to run MoCa 2.0. I bought 2 other Moca transceivers and 2 wireless routers.configured routers with the same SSIDs, put in fixed ip addresses which I configured as static in the main router. Disabled Dhcp on the new routers and set all routers to non-conflicting freq. I am plugging some computers and printers directly to the routers via ethernet. Everything else in the house is covered by Wi-Fi from the 3 routers. Much better coverage for under half the price of wireless mesh.

Comment

Working...
                              X