Spring break trips

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spring break trips

Little heads up, some Colorado towns are hiring folks to patrol for mask less visitors. They also will have curfews on bars and restaurants as told by Denver news. Breckenridge for sure will have folks watching in town.
    Skiing should be great but avalanche danger is extreme all over the Rockies.

Here in Wyoming we are getting more open. Our local bars and restaurants have indoor seating and are welcoming more patrons in now. We've seen an increase in visitors from out of town lately at our friends establishment.
    Masks are required in stores, grocery etc but for restaurants and bars, no masks to speak even though we are supposed to wear them while moving about but not at tables. Jackson, Teton County, is still pretty closed and masked up though.

Travel safe folks, snow is great for skiing but be very careful in the backcountry skiing or snow machining.

Was in Breck two weekends ago, COVID protocols were about the same as they are here, with the exception of capacity and people being more vocal towards you if you don't have a mask on. Just put the mask on where it says and you'll be good. I'm hopefully headed up to Sheridan on Friday, weather looks pretty good next week.

Comment

We have a little front coming in on Thursday but not a big deal, travel safe and enjoy. It will be snowy up there I bet.

Breckenridge is the one town that stated they were hiring 2 people to patrol for covid restrictions and mask mandate enforcement. Like you said just wear it.

Also camping reservations system is opening for RMNP wilderness camping.

Comment

Originally posted by wytex View Post
        We have a little front coming in on Thursday but not a big deal, travel safe and enjoy. It will be snowy up there I bet.

Breckenridge is the one town that stated they were hiring 2 people to patrol for covid restrictions and mask mandate enforcement. Like you said just wear it.

Also camping reservations system is opening for RMNP wilderness camping.
        With all do respect i disagree with both of you. I’m tired of just wearing it! At some point we need to start pushing back. After all the only mask that works is the N95 mask. This will never end if we just go along to get along and all of these liberals know that. There is no reason what so ever to keep these protocols in place. Again just one man’s opinion.

Comment

We're going to New Mexico, and they announced less protocols last week.

I'm all the way done with the mask morons...my wife is worried I'll get us kicked out of town...and I might.

There are too many stupid people in positions of power...

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post

I'm all the way done with the mask morons...my wife is worried I'll get us kicked out of town...and I might.

We were in angel fire two weeks ago, no issues with the mask mafia. One lady in the lift line kept eyeballing but never said anything.

Comment

Thanks for the heads up. Sure am glad I live in Montgomery County, TX.

Comment

I was threatened with a $200 fine at the SA Rodeo on Friday

I asked them what law I broke and they responded with "Sir...we are just trying to protect the kids"

I guess we agreed to disagree

Comment

Originally posted by ClayW View Post
                  I was threatened with a $200 fine at the SA Rodeo on Friday

I asked them what law I broke and they responded with "Sir...we are just trying to protect the kids"

I guess we agreed to disagree
                  ****ing morons...

Comment

I'm with you. Haven't worn one in months at all. I did however take a pretty good cussing at Buccee's the other day from a rather large woman for not wearing one. It really ticked her off that she could see me smile the entire time because, well, no mask.

Comment

****ing morons...
                      That was after they tried to get my 5yr old daughter to put one on

Comment

Is this thread about spring break trips? Asking for a friend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I'm taking the year off from snowboarding. Its just not worth all the bull**** at 52 years old. I'll just stay home and be a grumpy old white man.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

We were in Vail three weeks ago and it was relatively laid back. The mandates were in place but most locals are just wanting to get back to normal and not be shut down again. Ski patrol at most all lifts reminded people of face coverage if not up high enough. Someone mentioned only two individual this season have had passes pulled for non compliance. Lift lines on the weekend were longer with seating rules though. There must be a space between riders if not together as a group. A single rider line moved slowest having to wait for a correct group size to accept riders. I would imagine restaurants will be a larger issue over the holiday. My wife spent a lot of time either looking for us a place to eat or making reservation to help with 25% occupancy. There was talk that it could possibly increase soon. It still was a great trip and got lucky with a lot of fresh powder most days.

Comment

Just giving a heads up. Whether or not you agree, I care not.
                              Just trying to save some grief for you all visiting up this way.
                              Not sure if any fines but be prepared to get accosted if not wearing in some Colorado towns.

Enjoy the skiing but stay in bounds.

Comment

Working...
                              X