Archery Target Recommendations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Archery Target Recommendations

Do you guys have any recommendations for affordable targets for someone just getting into shooting compound bows in the 60 lbs range?

Third hand rag bag. I filled mine up with old carpet padding.

Comment

Morrell bag targets are pretty nice. They’re a little heavy but not unbearable. I used to tote mine around everywhere in the back seat of my truck, so I could shoot wherever. I believe they’re around $50 at academy. I had the yellow jacket 450 I think. I’ve since switched to the Reinhardt bag but I don’t like it as much. My arrows knock it over more easily and they’re harder to pull out. Just my thoughts...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I have one of the Academy bag targets, think it was around $30 and it has lasted 2 years outside 24/7

Comment

I just bought a bone collector 300 from academy, it seems to have a little more heft(weight/density) than my last one which was one of the neon green ones from cabellas.

I also just took the stuffing out of the neon green one since it was just about gone and stuffed it into a couple deer corn sacks and that seems to be working pretty well too.

Comment

Yea I have a buddy who had the bone collector bag. It was nice.

Comment

Third hand rag bag without a doubt. Build a stand for it to free swing and it'll be indestructible.

Comment

It aint the cheapest but I'd go with a Rinehart 18-1. You'll shoot up 3-4 of those cheaper targets before you even put a dent in this thing.

Comment

My next target will be a Rinehart. I’ve already just about shot out ‘The Block’ and I’ve only been shooting for 2.5 months. I practice just about everyday. The few broadheads I shot really did a number on the already fairly worn block. There’s still a few areas I can paint new spots on but it’ll be toast pretty soon.

Comment

So, you're a beginner and looking for an object for shooting practice in 60 IBS. Correct? Why dont you try out a DIY 3D archery target that is crafted to mimic any kind of animal/beast you prefer shooting in real life and comes with various overlay option?

Comment

Originally posted by Button View Post
                      My next target will be a Rinehart. I’ve already just about shot out ‘The Block’ and I’ve only been shooting for 2.5 months. I practice just about everyday. The few broadheads I shot really did a number on the already fairly worn block. There’s still a few areas I can paint new spots on but it’ll be toast pretty soon.

You may want to check out the matrix targets. They are pretty pricey I like the replaceable blocks

Comment

I've had my Rinehart 18in1 for 2 years. I shoot a lot. And a lot of broadheads. She's still stopping my arrows! My next will be a Rinehart again. I've blown through multiple bag targets in a year, block black in 2 months.

I do keep 1-2 bag targets around though for my wife to shoot. She likes those better. Yellow jacket makes the best one I've tried. The academy one has pockets with no filling or the filling isn't dense enough. You can't feel it but my arrows blow completely through it in places.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
                        Last edited by BW96; 12-23-2020, 07:23 PM.

Comment

Bulldog Targets

Comment

Black hole 4 sided target.

Comment

Originally posted by erikhimmel View Post
                              So, you're a beginner and looking for an object for shooting practice in 60 IBS. Correct? Why dont you try out a DIY 3D archery target that is crafted to mimic any kind of animal/beast you prefer shooting in real life and comes with various overlay option?
                              Have you done this? If so, please post in the DIY section. I have a hard time without pics.

And OP, you might check the DIY forum if you want directions on doing the rag bag or other permanent back yard solutions.
                              Last edited by donpablo; 02-17-2021, 11:28 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X