No announcement yet.

6mm Remington

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've got a 6mm Mohawk that was reworked by one of the Jackson's in East Texas. For years, Jackson's Custom Guns in Turnertown was the place to have custom stocks, barrel work, or anything else you wanted done to a gun in East Texas. That joker will stack bullets on top of each other all day long.

Comment

I killed my first deer(coyote,pig, etc.! ) ever with a Ruger M77 in 6mm. 30 years later it is still just as deadly and fun to shoot. Great caliber for getting started until you figure out you like to shoot a bow better haha

Comment

It is my favorite deer caliber. I own 4 rifles chambered in it.
        A Ruger #1B, Remington 700v, Remington 742, and a Ruger M77.

The rate of twist that the barrels where cut at in the early riles + Winchesters counter .243 in a slower twist killed the surge of the 6mm.
        Remington killed it's own cartridge..

Comment

6mm, 257 Roberts and 7x57 are all 3 underated calibers that never caught on.

Comment

Great round. My first rifle as a kid was a Remington 788 in 6mm. It's taken lots of critters. Passed it onto my younger brother when I graduated up to a Remington 700 in 270. My brother still has the rifle.

Comment

My buddy has been shooting the 6mm for about 40 years
              I high school I saw him, after he said he would do it, shoot the deer in the eye and we were at about 150 yards.

Comment

I have a Ruger M77 that I’ve had for 37 years. Got it for my 13 th B-day. Still a heck of a shooter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

When Remington brought out the .244 Rem which was latter named the 6mm Rem, the .244 had a 1 in 12" twist and was too slow to stabilize longer bullets of 90-100 grains and they targeted it as a varmint caliber. When Winchester brought out the .243 Win, they used a 1 in 10" twist which was fast enough to stabilize the 100 grain bullets and they targeted it as a deer rifle. In 1967, I built 6mm Rem from a 1909 Peruvian action that I bought for $10. I killed many deer with it; as did my wife and son. My son's two boys killed their first bucks with it and it is now in the possession of the older grandson. The rifle was one of the most accurate I have ever shot.

Comment

I bought a 6mm Remington vls off here a while back and love it..

Comment

Originally posted by trophy8 View Post
                      But now the 6mm creed is popular
                      And she’s a dandy 😘

Comment

Remington model 600 in 6mm. My uncle owned it. I've killed a bunch of animals with it. Three coyotes in a group once. Love the gun. It will go inbthe box with me.
                        Or to one of the grandsons.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by krt View Post
                          When Remington brought out the .244 Rem which was latter named the 6mm Rem, the .244 had a 1 in 12" twist and was too slow to stabilize longer bullets of 90-100 grains and they targeted it as a varmint caliber. When Winchester brought out the .243 Win, they used a 1 in 10" twist which was fast enough to stabilize the 100 grain bullets and they targeted it as a deer rifle. In 1967, I built 6mm Rem from a 1909 Peruvian action that I bought for $10. I killed many deer with it; as did my wife and son. My son's two boys killed their first bucks with it and it is now in the possession of the older grandson. The rifle was one of the most accurate I have ever shot.
                          23 posts in and krt nailed it. It was a barrel burner of a varmint cartridge with lots of case stretch and it was under twisted to perform well as a medium game cartridge. Modern VLD style bullets up to 117gr. in weight make the 6mm an excellent long range performer on medium sized game.

Comment

That’s my brothers go-to, he loves it. It has killed piles of exotics and pigs. His is a Ruger M77 he’s had almost 20 years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

the one draw back to it is a little too long of a case for a standard short action the heavier bullets have to be set pretty deep to get them to feed from the mag. i had one that was my first deer rifle that i ending up losing to a gun smith in tyler that a had taking it too to get some work done on it and after not hearing from him for a good while i called them and found out he had came down with lou garrick’s diecease and the family got rid of all the guns which was BS but not much i could do about it

Comment

I have a #1 red pad 6... really could shoot that puppy at anything in Texas...

Comment

Working...
                                X