60 lb limbs or 70 lb?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

60 lb limbs or 70 lb?

So I will be buying a new bow at 60lbs draw weight for this season and I am a t-Rex armed guy at 27.5” draw. Would I be better offer buying a 60 to 70 pound bow or a 50 to 60 pound bow? Also would there be a difference in speed between the two sets of limbs both set at 60? Thanks in advance

If your wanting 60# draw then go with 60# limbs. Limbs maxed out will perform better than 70# limbs taken down to 60#.

Comment

Shoot at top end

Different in speed will be 20 FPS (using same arrow)

Comment

60 or 70 will drop any North American game. Go with the poundage that you can place the arrow exactly where you want it. 20 fps is marginal.

Comment

Ok second part of the question. What do y’all think of the obsession bows?

Comment

Originally posted by Barefoot View Post
            You will love them! Have 5 and can’t say enough good things about them. Look for 2014-2016 models. Evo, Phoenix, Fusion, and my favorite Delta 6.

Don’t be scared of all the hype about Obsession right now. They are in the process of selling shares or some part of the company and production was put on hold. The 2020 bows are top notch as well. Some really great deals to be had right now on the Obsession Brotherhood Page on FBook.
            Attached Files
            Last edited by Antlers86; 02-21-2020, 10:21 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Barefoot View Post
              XPedition bows are another one to look into as well. Designer of the Obsession bows switched over to them and they are just as good.

Comment

This is probably a question only you can answer. Go draw some different bows and get a feel for what your comfortable with. I will would to shoot as much poundage as I can comfortably, but that is just me.

Comment

talk in the archery world is obsession is going away. the owner has been trying to sell for a while. no takers. he's thinking about just shutting down.

hope this is wrong. good bows.

Comment

Well I bought a bow tech today lol. Super happy.

Comment

Which one?

Comment

Originally posted by enewman View Post
                        talk in the archery world is obsession is going away. the owner has been trying to sell for a while. no takers. he's thinking about just shutting down.

hope this is wrong. good bows.

Comment

Originally posted by Antlers86 View Post
                          You will love them! Have 5 and can’t say enough good things about them. Look for 2014-2016 models. Evo, Phoenix, Fusion, and my favorite Delta 6.

Don’t be scared of all the hype about Obsession right now. They are in the process of selling shares or some part of the company and production was put on hold. The 2020 bows are top notch as well. Some really great deals to be had right now on the Obsession Brotherhood Page on FBook.
                          On a separate note...how do you like the apex dovetail sight?...I've got one myself and dont see a lot of other folks running them, was curious what someone beside myself thought of that sight...

Comment

65#

A lot of unknowns about Obsession right now.....new, I'd prolly wait .....heavily discounted used.....you bet.

If KS lands ownership....run like hail!

Comment

Originally posted by DEREKG22 View Post
                              On a separate note...how do you like the apex dovetail sight?...I've got one myself and dont see a lot of other folks running them, was curious what someone beside myself thought of that sight...
                              I like it however it is heavier than most sights.

Comment

Working...
                              X