Cajun jambalaya

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bayouboy View Post
    Making a big pot Saturday and the camp. Picked up all the ingredients yesterday. Time to break in my new Magnalite Xmas gift from Ragin Cagin.
    since you're a novice at cooking cajun food, we need pics to critique your meal

once you brown the meat and get the water & rice boiling, the rest is easy. Turn down the heat and let it cook slow n low, folding over the rice when needed.

Comment

Originally posted by Cajun Blake View Post
      since you're a novice at cooking cajun food, we need pics to critique your meal

once you brown the meat and get the water & rice boiling, the rest is easy. Turn down the heat and let it cook slow n low, folding over the rice when needed.
      Should I warm the French baguettes I bought to go along with it. And, did I mention the King Cake I picked up

Comment

I made this for supper, it was great. Thank you.

Comment

Glad y'all like it! I'll post some more when I have time. I did a killer pastalaya on new years but it was all wiped out before I took a pic!

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Flex View Post
            Glad y'all like it! I'll post some more when I have time. I did a killer pastalaya on new years but it was all wiped out before I took a pic!

Keep ‘em coming! Most Texans enjoy going to Louisiana for gambling or fishing…I go for the food!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Backwoods101 View Post
              Keep ‘em coming! Most Texans enjoy going to Louisiana for gambling or fishing…I go for the food!

Haha, I definitely go back home to fish whenever I can. But I usually gain about 10lbs a trip if I'm there more than 3-4 days!

Comment

I made this recipe tonight and it was spot on! Thanks for sharing it with us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Awesome

Comment

I need to try this

Comment

It's good! Send it.

Awesome seeing how many have used this old recipe over the years!

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

Comment

Now you made me hungry.

Comment

I made this last night. After adding the rice then the stock I brought everything to a boil then covered and reduced heat. I stirred every 5 or so minutes to keep from sticking and after about 1.5 to 2 hours my rice was still semi crunchy. Any ideas?

Comment

Oh Boy! Just got back home from work and wondering what I was going to cook this evening. Sold!
                            Looks Killer!

Comment

Originally posted by IDFWU View Post
                              I made this last night. After adding the rice then the stock I brought everything to a boil then covered and reduced heat. I stirred every 5 or so minutes to keep from sticking and after about 1.5 to 2 hours my rice was still semi crunchy. Any ideas?

Combination of not enough heat, or not enough liquid probably.

I've had a few batches through the years that just seem to take forever to finish as well.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

Comment

Really dumb/amateur question, but do you cook the rice first or put it in right out of the bag?

Comment

Working...
                                X