CBD Dog Treats?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CBD Dog Treats?

Has anyone tried any of the CBD dog treats for dogs that are scared of storms?

Our dog is absolutely terrified of storms. He pants and shakes violently. If its at night, he'll come in our room and try to lay on my head or my wife's. We got a sedative from the vet but it doesn't work at all. I feel bad for him, and I feel bad for getting frustrated at him.

Gateway drug. Gave it to ours next week she was turning tricks outside the pound.

Comment

I have been thinking about trying these as well. We have an Aussie that is scared to death . Found her in the shower this morning after the storms last night.

Comment

You might try a thunder vest for him. That’s what we use for my dog. It works

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

CBD treats seem to help my dog that has issues with thunder.

Comment

Originally posted by NotJose View Post
            You might try a thunder vest for him. That’s what we use for my dog. It works

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            We've tried the thunder shirt & some special dog pillow/bed that my wife found.

Comment

Trazadone works well for my collie.

Comment

I gave them to my dog. he kept pacing, and looking out the window blinds. Then he ate every **** thing in my house.

Comment

Real story. Built my 4yo lab that’s a house dog an enclosure in the yard with a nice dog house. Dog house came with a flap that connects at bottom with a magnet. Put her out Saturday night and thought I got her accustomed to the entry flap. Well about 10-midnight a crazy thunderstorm with hail and everything rolled through. Poor pup was howling up a storm. She ran out the dog house and wouldn’t go back inside. I had to run out in the hail and let her inside the house. Benadryl helps some dogs 1mg per lb of body weight.

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell8 View Post
                    Gateway drug. Gave it to ours next week she was turning tricks outside the pound.
                    I laughed.

Comment

Originally posted by Dusty8186 View Post
                      Has anyone tried any of the CBD dog treats for dogs that are scared of storms?

Our dog is absolutely terrified of storms. He pants and shakes violently. If its at night, he'll come in our room and try to lay on my head or my wife's. We got a sedative from the vet but it doesn't work at all. I feel bad for him, and I feel bad for getting frustrated at him.
                      We double the dose on ours...

Comment

We sell Durvet Hemp Calming Chews. Also sell them at my feed store so I know they work and refer them often.

Our miniature schnauzer barks while in the car. We started using these two years ago. 1/2 of a chew 30 minutes before we leave and she chills out for the ride.

We’ve found that that dose will last about long enough for us to get from Waco to Lubbock, so about 5 hours.

Highly recommend but you’ll need to adjust the dose for your dog.

Hemp Calming Soft Chews are for dogs and cats exhibiting nervousness, hyperactivity, discontentment or responding to environmentally-induced stress. They are a grain free, corn free, soy free soft chew, with natural preservatives and natural flavors. * Not approved for sale in Idaho. 

Comment

My dog has the same issue. She has her own walgreens prescription for anxiety, but of late, its not been enough.

Vet told us about Sileo gel. Its sold at Pecto.

The other thing the Vet recommended was a tramadol. Thankfully we have two bottles of those from her surgery. 100mg with the walgreens med did the trick.

Comment

What about for older dogs with arthritis? I was just looking in to it for my old girl that's started having a hard time jumping up into the truck.

Comment

Not storm related but we tried cbd for our dog's knees. I was super skeptical, but they sure did help!

Comment

Working...
                              X