No announcement yet.

He wants his gun back

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I’d be happy with the fact that I could get the dude his gun back. It may have sentimental value. I’d sell it back to him without hesitation

Comment

Ive done similar a few times when people I knew where selling guns because they needed money. Told them they could buy back for the same whenever and I promise not to sell for a year. I dont have to loan out money, I get a new toy that I can always sell later or keep if i like, and they can still get it back if things work out.

Comment

done it a couple times with buddies, i just stick it in the safe and basically hold them...they eventually buy em back. actually one of the few times i can openly buy a gun in front of my wife............

Comment

You got your use put of it and you aint losing money. Id do the same I believe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

No harm no foul. You got to test drive a gun you found out wasn’t what you wanted, and gave cash to put towards one you might like.

Comment

Think of it as a free gun loan

Comment

If you want to keep it, keep it. He sold and gave up all claim to it

If you don't like it, sell it back to him

You are not obligated in any way to sell it back regardless of how he feels

Comment

Sounds like a blessing in disguise.

I’ve got a few guns I wouldn’t mind selling back [emoji51].

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

If you value him as a friend sell it back for what you paid. Its a classy move. Considering his circumstances. Friends are FRIENDS.
                    Now I have a friend who sold a me a factory folding SS mini 14 back in 1985. Hes been begging me to buy it back now for 10 years. I promised it to my middle son who always called it the golf club gun due to the shoulder part of the stock looking like a putter. As much as I would like to satisfy my friend, It is no longer mine.

Comment

I think you did the right thing.

Comment

I've done the same with some buddies and sold it back at same exact price.

Comment

While you certainly had no obligation to do so, you did the right and moral thing and I applaud you for that. It warms my heart to see so much of the same sentiment here in the responses. Just one of the many reasons I love the green screen.

There is already way too much hate and greed in the world.

You will be blessed brother for your deed.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by TxAg View Post
                            He sounds like a jerk, frankly.
                            This^^especially if that's how "matter of fact" he was about it..
                            My actions at that point would have greatly depended on his attitude..

Was there an agreement before hand that once he got back on his feet that he had the option to buy back??

Comment

Originally posted by Shinesintx View Post
                              If i really liked the rifle, I would have said no. If I didn’t like the rifle, I’d have sold it back to him at a profit. Why? He was gonna leave town with his gal after a recent divorce...that told me a lot. His ex wife prolly never saw a cent, he spent it on his new ho.

It seems that I’m the first to dissent from the group think, so flame away.
                              Originally posted by ttaxidermy View Post
                              This^^especially if that's how "matter of fact" he was about it..
                              My actions at that point would have greatly depended on his attitude..

Was there an agreement before hand that once he got back on his feet that he had the option to buy back??
                              x2, sounds like a jack wagon.

Comment

Similar thing happened to me several years back, but was 76 acres of land that is worth about 4 times what I paid for it then. Not looking forward to a call from him.

Comment

Working...
                                X