What RV-TBH RV travelers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What RV-TBH RV travelers

I know many of us RV travel and I thought it would be a good idea to start a thread of our travels. Maybe we can even have a meetup HH weekend somewhere?

We started tent camping years ago and eventually worked our way up to a 1974 popup that we completely remodeled. We drug that thing all over the south before upgrading to a Rockwood Mini Lite bumper pull and enjoyed it even more after adding solar. Two weekend a month we would explore a new state or national park until we purchased a lot along the central Texas coast and we traded our Rockwood in on a Grand Design 5er which we currently use as a beach house. Considering it is a second home (will be our primary residence once retired) my bride does not want to travel in it. We missed going and seeing new places so we ordered an Intech Sol Horizon Rover to get back to traveling and in the past three weeks we have owned it we have logged over 1k miles.

Friday we head to Lake Bob Sandlin State Park where we will stay a week with nothing on the agenda but relaxing. Next Friday morning we will leave there and head to Lake of the Pines for the weekend before returning home and reality. The weather for this trip should be perfect for an evening HH around a campfire if anyone wants to stop by.

Michael

What RV-TBH RV travelers

Comment

My wife and I purchased a Jayco back in Jan 2020.

The Jayco is the 38RSBS and is a 2018 model.

King size bed and sleeper sofa if we feel like having a guests. It’s perfect for the two of us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

What park at Bob Sandlin? Barefoot?

Comment

What RV-TBH RV travelers

Originally posted by Low Fence View Post
          What park at Bob Sandlin? Barefoot?

Lake Bob Sandlin SP, Moccasin Track site 69 Oct 16-22

From there we will be heading to Johnson Creek Camp (COE Park) site E305 outside of Jefferson.
          Last edited by Brazos Hunter; 10-14-2020, 06:11 AM.

Comment

We have a Rockwood Signature ultra lite 8311WS. We try to go somewhere at least one weekend per month and we spend Christmas week somewhere every year. We have done Christmas in San Antonio twice, Fredericksburg once and Palo Duro Canyon once.
            We are looking for something around the Rockport area for this Christmas.

Click image for larger version

Name:	GISP Camping.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	81.3 KB
ID:	24633484

Comment

Originally posted by kfd82 View Post
              We have a Rockwood Signature ultra lite 8311WS. We try to go somewhere at least one weekend per month and we spend Christmas week somewhere every year. We have done Christmas in San Antonio twice, Fredericksburg once and Palo Duro Canyon once.
              We are looking for something around the Rockport area for this Christmas.

[ATTACH]1023249[/ATTACH]
              We are about 40 miles from Rockport Frank and will be adding hookups along our driveway this winter...just sayin'

Michael

Comment

Originally posted by Brazos Hunter View Post
                We are about 40 miles from Rockport Frank and will be adding hookups along our driveway this winter...just sayin'

Michael
                Hmmm... now theres something to think about!

Know any good fishing guides in the area? Is there any good fishing to be had in late december?

Comment

We pick this up earlier this year- 2021 Grand Design Reflection 31MB to sleep me, my wife and 3 kids.
                  AND had to move up to an F350 due to the weight of the camper. So far we’ve been to:
                  -DeGray Lake in Arkansas
                  -Table Rock Lake in Missouri
                  -Lake Texoma
                  -Inks Lake
                  -Safari Waters Ranch
                  -just got back from Isla Blanca in South Padre

Next up:
                  Garner/Lost Maples over thanksgiving
                  Big Bend over New Years

We are shooting for a trip a month.

Comment

Originally posted by kfd82 View Post
                    Hmmm... now theres something to think about!

Know any good fishing guides in the area? Is there any good fishing to be had in late december?
                    There are some good guides and I catch limits year around

Comment

Originally posted by MikeyG View Post
                      We pick this up earlier this year- 2021 Grand Design Reflection 31MB to sleep me, my wife and 3 kids.
                      AND had to move up to an F350 due to the weight of the camper. So far we’ve been to:
                      -DeGray Lake in Arkansas
                      -Table Rock Lake in Missouri
                      -Lake Texoma
                      -Inks Lake
                      -Safari Waters Ranch
                      -just got back from Isla Blanca in South Padre

Next up:
                      Garner/Lost Maples over thanksgiving
                      Big Bend over New Years

We are shooting for a trip a month.

I wish you luck getting into Lost Maples! I have been trying off/on for a year to get reservations there.

Comment

Originally posted by bboswell View Post
                        I wish you luck getting into Lost Maples! I have been trying off/on for a year to get reservations there.
                        What we have ended up having to do is book the weekend in nearby COE or private parks and weekdays haven't been a problem booking at State Parks. This year everyone that would normally fly/travel have purchased RV's and have totally messed things up. I'm hopeful things go back to normal soon.

Michael

Comment

You get what you pay for brotha!! But at the end of the day they’re all made in the same cheap factory.

Comment

Originally posted by Acameron52 View Post
                            You get what you pay for brotha!! But at the end of the day they’re all made in the same cheap factory.

negative on that!

Comment

We just sold our Grand Design Imagine 2800bh and picked up a new Reflection 311bhs two weeks ago. Wife and kids love the RV life. Going on our shake down trip this Friday.

Comment

Working...
                              X